When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

249 Question...

deepsea

we know 249s from our dealers have wrong dials.

if I find a way to remove that "california" from the dial, will the watch be accurate? :)

are there anyone inspected the watch in hand?

does the panerai engraving between lugs exist?

or other flaws, what are the other flaws?

fiddy is my daily beater and omega railmaster XXL is on its way... and now I'm seriously thinking about another huge watch :)

if I find a way to remove that "california" from the dial, will the watch be accurate? :)

Yes @99%, see below.

are there anyone inspected the watch in hand?

Not me.

does the panerai engraving between lugs exist?

?!? :blink: Please give more details.

or other flaws, what are the other flaws?

The 'L-swiss made -L" writing is a fraction mm too close with the dashed circle on the dial.

The engravings on the caseback are not 100% accurate. All ok with the big writings "officine panerai" and "brevettato". But differences in the small writings between them.

California txt on top of the dial is definitely wrong, as it doesn't come on a gen.

Case engraving between top lugs says - "Opus Facere", and between bottom lugs - "Panerai".

Nice watch, very exotic looking vintage dial, and confusing to some :)

cheers,

babola

...in addition

to the wrong CALIFORNIA on that dial .... the complete dial and indizees color is wrong.

The gen has got engraved numbers that were filled with a kind of vintage-looking lume...they look sunken from some angle.

Anyway, this rep is a beautiful piece, I love it....I have the WM-version and the russian version, I also own this "new" 249 version of the reference 3646 and I have another one on the way (because strap chnage is a bit of a hassle and you allways need to glue the screws when you tight them to avoid loosing them :p

Go ahead....there are only 1936 pieces in real live,

Theo

• 8 months later...