When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I've lost the bezel of my SMP- help needed

psda

I've bought a Omega SMP from a now defunct dealer (22hours). After a water immersion test (I went swimming to a lake nearby) the watch was still ok but the bezel was gone. Can anybody please tell me where I coud get a spare one.

Thanks

psda

Question: Did you hit something under water, like a rock or whatever causing the fall off or was it some kind of pressure result or generally, water made it fall off?

Thanks,

Floris

No, I was just swimming to see if the watch is water- proof. Obviously it was the water that made the bezel fall off. It was only fixed with an adhesive tape. Every 2-component epoxy adhesive would have lasted centuries longer than I'm able to swim.

Cheers

psda

No, I was just swimming to see if the watch is water- proof. Obviously it was the water that made the bezel fall off. It was only fixed with an adhesive tape. Every 2-component epoxy adhesive would have lasted centuries longer than I'm able to swim.

Cheers

psda

Thanks for the reply. Never had the balls to go swimming with any of my watches, scares the hell outta me (yes, even my gen breitling Colt Ive had).

(I hope it works out).

Floris

Edited by Dutchy

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted you to know that I ordered the bezel, it arrived and I was able to glue it in. It was a tad smaller than the first one, but what can I do. Thx to you all for your help. Forgive the quality of the pic.

Cheers,

psda

Edited by psda

I have to agree...sorry, but that does not look good at all. Was that replacement off of ebay? If it is please let us know, so we don't get one from that seller.

Sorry!

Yeah, I bought it as an OEM from the above linked dealer: http://search.stores.ebay.com/X-Jewelry-Ce...9346291QQsofpZ0

Ok, but maybe the watch is off and the dealer's bezel was ok. The watch was from 22hour.com, maybe of Russian provenance (the parcel came from Riga) and this site looks good but I paid my dues there, big time.

If the bezel had an outer diameter of 38 mm it would fit perfectly.