When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Portuguese? Bad idea?

eunomians

I have been debating for oohh sooo long about picking up a Portuguese.

I even went by my local Tourneau to drool over the all black Portuguese chrono they have inside.

I am afraid of tossing money into the wind, but the Portuguese is one of my favorite watches out there.

I can't see myself wearing it only occasionally - I bet I'd wear it everyday.

Bad idea, right fellas?

Got a Panda dial - loved it and used it for a while. I also had the 6 o'clock register frozen. There is a thread about this a while back where 5 or 6 extra gears are taken out. So with those extra gears out, it works like a champ and I know for sure that it will not die on me anytime soon. Also noticed that after the register work was done, the watch had a much longer reserve - I'm assuming that it is b/c there's less friction in there eating away the PR.

BTW, had mine for a while now and it's still accurate.

Edited by Glitch

The new chrono in black dial gold case is an amazing looking watch, but it's that second at 6 that scares most poeple away..A real shame if you ask me. And by reading other stories it's sometimes luck or magic or w/e you call it that keep it from turning into a good looking paperweight.

Guest avitt

I think your concerns are well founded, Euno. I love my Port. chrono, and it's running well, but it's just not something I think I could wear every day. (Maybe it's that high RPM rotor sound that makes me feel this way).