When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Heuer Carrera

resh

Hello all,

Let me start by saying that I am completly new to the world of replica watches. I have read around in my spare time and picked up on the 'lingo' but I am still learning.

I am looking to purchase a Tag Heuer Carrera but due to my lack of knowledge in this area, I am unsure of the best one out there and who to trust. I dont have an urge to spend a massive amount of money but I would consider around

Hi Resh and welcome to the game of collecting reps...

since you quoted the price in pounds and are on GMT, I assume you are based in the UK. In this case, I would suggest Precious Time (PT) as a source, since he's also UK based. He has a very good Tag Heuer Chrono which I bought for a friend a while ago.

send him a email... http://www.rwg.cc/members/View-Member-Profile-m605.html

Thank you for the speedy reply chubbchubb.

I've had a look at Precious Time's website but I have a question, I noticed that with the Carrera the pictures on the website are of the original watch (with Brad Pitt's face etc...) so how do I know what I'd actually be buying?

I have also had a look on King's website and I think that I am looking at the actual replica, is this true?

One more thing... whats the difference between PT's Carrera with A.Valjoux 7750 and King's Carrera with Asian 7750?

Do we have any owners of these watches out there that have bought from either seller or another?

I've had a look at Precious Time's website but I have a question, I noticed that with the Carrera the pictures on the website are of the original watch (with Brad Pitt's face etc...) so how do I know what I'd actually be buying?

I have also had a look on King's website and I think that I am looking at the actual replica, is this true?

One more thing... whats the difference between PT's Carrera with A.Valjoux 7750 and King's Carrera with Asian 7750?

Do we have any owners of these watches out there that have bought from either seller or another?

Purchased mine from PT and can highly recommend both the watch and dealer.

My Pleasure... the watch on PT's site is the rep... lying on top a TAG ad with Brad and his THC. My friend - for whom I had bought the watch - recently compared his rep to the gen of a friend who was over for dinner. Could not tell them apart. He's not a rep pro and did't know where to look but still... he had them both in his hands. When comparing was over, he had to make sure he gave his friend the right watch...

I have not looked at kings site... but both movements are asian made copies of an original swiss movement, the Valjoux 7750, which is one of the most popular Chrono movements of all times. You can find this one in a gazillion gen watches. The Asian replicas of this movement are actually fairly good movements and unless your's is assembled on a Monday morning.... they are reliable.

PT is a great source and since you're UK based... save yourself the customs hassle and send him a mail...

Thanks guys, great advice for a first time buyer like me and I'm pleasantly supprised at how helpful and to the point you all are. I will be contacting PT shortly.

Does anyone have any advice regarding the purchasing of these items? Any do's and dont's? eg no Western Union etc?

Thanks guys, great advice for a first time buyer like me and I'm pleasantly supprised at how helpful and to the point you all are. I will be contacting PT shortly.

Does anyone have any advice regarding the purchasing of these items? Any do's and dont's? eg no Western Union etc?

Just ask PT which payment method he accept and then choose the one charge the least amount on fees.

Purchased mine from PT and can highly recommend both the watch and dealer.

Can i ask what payment method PT offered you? Do you have any pics of it that I could take a look at?

Also, regardless of location... Which dealer sells the best Carrera? In particular the one with the red dials and black face.

Hi, I received this beauty from Andrew today. I ordered with rubber strap but he forgot he was mistaken and he sent the watch with SS. I sent a mail to explain the issue and he will send to me the rubber strap. Excellent service!!!.

Wow! that looks good! I have a colleague who owns that exact one (genuine). I'm no expert but let me tell you... wear it with confidence! its looks the business!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got one yesterday and it lasted one day. actually 6 hours before a pusher fell out. Faced with sending back to china and weeks if waiting I decided to have a go. The pushers are held in by a soft metal circlip in a groove, which fell out, I crimped it a bit pushed it back on and them to seal put a blob of nail varnish over them. More worrying is the fact they despite having an o ring on them are a loose fit in their sockets, so this watch would leak like a sieve I I washed up in it... oh well.. another poor purchase.... never learn

sorry about the shocking photo's

post-3080-1188666253_thumb.jpg

post-3080-1188666271_thumb.jpg

I just got one yesterday and it lasted one day. actually 6 hours before a pusher fell out. Faced with sending back to china and weeks if waiting I decided to have a go. The pushers are held in by a soft metal circlip in a groove, which fell out, I crimped it a bit pushed it back on and them to seal put a blob of nail varnish over them. More worrying is the fact they despite having an o ring on them are a loose fit in their sockets, so this watch would leak like a sieve I I washed up in it... oh well.. another poor purchase.... never learn

sorry about the shocking photo's

I had the same problem on my Carrera. Unfortuntely, in my case the pusher fell off when I was on my way to work and therefore I could not re-attach. I had a cartain well know watch repair person source out and rettach the pusher. Based on the information I was given if you have this watch open the case back and glue those pushers on as the clip will fail it is just a matter of time and use.

TimeShare

Edited by TmeShare