When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

my new gran tourismo's hour and minute hands lost there grip...Help

wan

I am no expert so I'll try to answer just while waiting for one of our gurus chiming in.

If I correctly understand, you are saying that the hands disengaged from the cannon pin, am I correct?

Hands are not supposed to do that. Your watch is flawed and you should ask for a replacement.

But if you do not want it pass through the customs twice again, a quick-and-dirty fix might be just tightening the hands tubes a little (by delicately squeezing them with a small plier).

This will make the tubes oval, it's not an elegant solution. Just better than nothing at all...

• 1 month later...
is this the 7750 version or the asian 21j version?

Not that it makes a difference, but the 7750 version has been mod'd to support center seconds and maybe that has something to do with the failure (although probably not)

Whatever became of this issue, and which movement was this one?

VERY interested in this!

Well i took the watch to my local watch guy that i have used for many rep mods and repairs and he could not manage to get the 7750 movement & face out of the case from the back to fix the prob. The movement & face were fit soo tight in the case that he felt that it would break trying to remove it. He also tried to go in from the top, "bezel & crystal" but it would not budge. So, i have sent it back to Angus. He said that he would replace it for a new one. "He's a good guy" When i get a new one i will post my thoughts on how this one is. I am thinking of buying a swiss valjou 7750 to put in the new one to get rid of the jittery second hand. "if the new one jitters" (Also, i noticed on the gen watch there is the name Chopard written on the automatic spinning weight in addidion to what the reps say along the edge......................Cheers, Wan