When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chronomat Evolution from Joshua

herbstanfield

Hey everyone - I'm not a huge watch guy. Just know what I like and roughly what I couldn't bring myself to pay for at the Mall.

I had snooped around the board and learned of Joshua. Bought a few Mont Blanc pens from him - Also very nice. The rollerballs can be drilled out a little to take genuine MB refills.

Anyway - I had been watching the Chronomat Evolution's. I had asked Joshua a couple of times about a gold / blue face / leather band. He had said the models he had access to weren't good enough for him to sell.

About 5 weeks ago he added what I was seeking - The Asian movement was $300 plus - the Swiss movement was $700 plus. That had me spitting up. After researching what we were talking about - I started the process for the Swiss model. In the past Joshua had been able to take Pay Pal. He wasn't able to do so now. I was a bit uncomfortable about the system for entering my Visa number. I called Visa Security and they spoke well of the system Joshua uses and said it should be fine. They further said they'd flag my card to watch for any problem spending.

I swallowed hard - entered my Visa info and punched -ENTER.

Like 8 hours later I had an email from Joshua with my EMS tracking number. I saw later that he spent 240 yuan about $31.25 but had charged me $30 for shipping.

Though I ordered on Saturday - he shipped almost instantly. The package took two days to get out of China, one day over the water and two days at Customs in New York. The mail lady was on my door the following Saturday. That was the eigth day. I was stunned by that.

Admittedly - as stated above - I'm not a real watch person - so the Chronomat, which is a complex watch took some effort to comprehend. A manual would have been nice - but I have a watch pal who talked me through start up.

The watch is so gorgeous that I can just sit and look at it. It is big. It is heavy. I do love it. The chronos all work properly, though I doubt I'd ever use them. The band has got to be close to the real deal. Just touching the glove soft leather is a sensual experience.

The big test -- I got the watch fired up 40 hours ago and set it against an atomic clock. After those 40 hours, the watch is within 1 second of the atomic clock. I am ecstatic. I am really glad (1) I went for the Swiss model (2) that I chose to do business with Joshua. Once in the past, I had a minor problem with a fountain pen from Joshua. The guy was just a pleasure to behold in his efforts to make it right. My confidence level in him is " HIGH " .

Sorry I can't be more technical. I do appreciate being able to listen in to the conversations. I have learned a lot and thank everyone very much.

Not sure I can do the add a picture thing very well but will try. If anyone wants specific pictures just PM me. This is what Joshua is doing as of late April '07.

I have heard the discussion about the " Cartel " issue. It seems to me that I wasn't being hurt by that, anymore than the Better Business Bureau hurts me at home. Legitimate businesses often band together to enhance their identity and gain recognition and reputation. I could have paid less, but I would have got less and also been at risk. I'm okay with the idea of the Cartel. Their prices are still a bargain and a huge value.

Now I'll shut up and try to attach some pictures. Sorry I'm not such a great photographer either. Thanks again to all the Group members for sharing and being so helpful.

post-3435-1177156983_thumb.jpg

post-3435-1177157004_thumb.jpg

post-3435-1177157026_thumb.jpg

post-3435-1177157051_thumb.jpg

post-3435-1177157074_thumb.jpg

post-3435-1177157095_thumb.jpg

post-3435-1177157119_thumb.jpg

post-3435-1177157150_thumb.jpg

post-3435-1177157173_thumb.jpg

post-3435-1177157195_thumb.jpg

Edited by herbstanfield

First of, welcome!

The watch looks absolutely amazing. I haven't seen a full-gold Evo here yet but they look very promising!

Do let us know what you think about the gold (perhaps hold it next to a pic of the gen in a catalogue or a google pic?

It looks brilliant.

Thanks for the kind welcome. If you look anything like your picture, maybe we can get together for drinks later ? :winkiss::winkiss:

I'll attach a pix of the Chrono alongside a Rolex rep from Trusty Time. The Rolex is a good color and these pictures ( I think ) show a good comparison. Had a real Rolex Prez for a long time and still have a real tu tone Rolex -- The color on the Chrono is very good to me. I am hyper sensitive to the pink gold thing, It just doesn't work for me. I should point out that the bezel is a softer - more butter/ flatter gold and the case is a shiny gold. Overall - I think he came pretty darn close to nailing the color.

Just for laughs - I'll also attach a Cockpit ad with a gold case. That may show a little of the Breitling gold color

post-3435-1177183391_thumb.jpg

post-3435-1177183483_thumb.jpg

post-3435-1177183547_thumb.jpg

Thanks for sharing that. And no, the girl in the avatar is mine...well, I like to think she is ;)

The gold looks really nice. Catalogue pics are always tough because of all the photoshopping they do, but next to the Rollie Prez it looks very good. I always wonder what the Evo would look like on a gold bracelet, though the leather looks really good on it, giving it that special focus on the case, rather than an overall watch effect.

Welcome and great looking watch. When will you wear something that classy?

Usil

It will probably shock, disgust and repulse 99 % of the members - but if I can't wear it - I don't want it. I know so many people who have bought real Rolexes and put them in a safety deposit box. Never got that one. If I can't wear it - why would I want it ?

In the early 80's I was in Sydney Australia and was admiring a Rolex tu tone. The seller asked if I wanted it and I said no - I was too hard on watches. He gave me this sneery lip curl and said he didn't know about that - he said he saw those watches coming out of the jungles of New Guinea that were working fine after ten years without a cleaning.

Since then - I have scuffed up some pretty nice watches along the way, but have enjoyed wearing them every moment - have struck up some great conversations about great watches and came to realize that I'm only walking this trail once, and I don't want to do it half a**** or have any regrets. I guess I just don't want to have a beautiful watch that pleases me to no end in a box while I wear some piece of rubbish that I don't like.

To answer your question when will I wear a watch that classy ? 16 hours a day seven days a week. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I would defintely sport that all gold Rolex Pres. without any doubts. I know it's not common these days, in my town only the cuban drug lords walk around in gen full gold rolex's..But me being cuban and all, i think I can pull it off ^_^

I would defintely sport that all gold Rolex Pres. without any doubts. I know it's not common these days, in my town only the cuban drug lords walk around in gen full gold rolex's..But me being cuban and all, i think I can pull it off ^_^

At various times in my life, I've seen senior oil company execs awarded Rolex Prez's for performance - and being worn often by Doctor's, lawyers ( ptooey ), business owners and managers. a lot of car dealers and car ( top ) sales people - Therefore I'm left to conclude that if a drug lord is sporting a gen Rolex Prez - he must have a business model that works, with a very strong credit collections department. :bangin::angry::Jumpy:

I seem to recall along the way that when the Feds nail the drug lords - the watches end up on the auction block alongside the cars, furs, condos and yachts. In that scenario I would think keeping your watch in a safety deposit box ( in the Cayman Islands ) might not be that bad of an idea.

Am I wrong or has Breitling just recently really moved strong into the $12 - to $15,000 price market ? after having been more in in the $3 to $6,000 range ( in today's dollars ) for most of their history ? They aren't as elegant looking as some of the high end Rolex models - but are (IMHO) more visually interesting to look at. The mall watch dealers are asking $12 K for the gold Cockpit with a leather strap ( in the picture ). Makes the rep at $700 sound like a winner. But I guess someone has to pay for John Travolta to stand next to his jet and have his picture taken. :yawn: