When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM089 GMT

scoobs1971

I just fell in love with this beauty:

hxxp://www.perfectclones88.com/p08904-antracite-marina-asia-7750-functional-p-2480.html

How accurate is the rep?

How good is the cyclops?

Is the gen only in Titanium or also in SS?

How reliable is the new 7750 as a GMT? Which movements will be a 1:1 swap if it needs to be replaced?

post-4081-1177179381_thumb.jpg

I'm no expert, but I'll throw down. I don't have this watch, but have been considering it as well. I have the original model 186 Arktos GMT which is powered by the same movement with the same GMT module. THe movement is fine and for the last year has kept better time than any of my other swiss powered watches.

The problems you'll see with the rep of the 089 is the wrong date font, shoddy glue ring around the cyclops, the triangle at the end of the GMT hand is too big, and the minuite marker at the 9:00 position is completely missing. That being said, the rep DOES come in a Ti case with an anthricite dial (don't know if it's real anthricite or not, but it looks good).

If you get this rep, you'll be in good company because I think I am going to get one too.

Bryan

I've had this rep for several months now and I really like it... I would say it's one of the closest dials to the gen... but the hands are way off... the hour hand is wrong... the gmt hand is wrong... date font wrong and too deep... mag is wrong.... crown is too thin and CG is off... that being said, it keeps excellent time and I've been wearing it every day. I'm in the process of modding this watch to perfection so I think this watch has the most potential of them all. I have the anthracite dial btw.

... but the hands are way off... the hour hand is wrong... the gmt hand is wrong... date font wrong and too deep... mag is wrong.... crown is too thin and CG is off... (edit) I'm in the process of modding this watch to perfection

Thnx! Sounds interesting to me, since my last project is finished.

Where do you source the right hands and mag?

Which dial that fits the 7750 hast the right date font? What do you mean with

The "Too deep" aspect is that there's extra gearing added to a lot of the asian 7750s to make them chronos or gmts that don't allow the dial to come down close enough to the date wheel... so it's a pretty deep dark hole that the date lives in...

So this is basically the same as the Navitimer 'sunken date' problem?

Thnx for al the info! I think I have to settle for the rep as it is, which is still a very nice watch by itself...