When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Chronomatic Evolution TT

dude82

Hi,

I was wanting to order the Breitling Chronomatic Evolution and was interested in the either the graphite or the grey dial. I was wondering if anyone has ordered the two tone version of the watch and would appreciate if anyone could comment or advice me on the accuracy of the watch. Also, i have never ordered a tt watch before and was wanting to know how good is the gold platting and if it comes off with time or not. And finally, would it possible for me to ask one of the dealers to make it 10 mils (if it makes a difference). Guys please do reply and help me here...

Thanks,

iD

Just got mine in TT monday. Check out the review here: TT EVO Review I love the watch. Very high quality piece.

As for the gold wearing off, I have had many full gold and TT reps and have seen with the high quality ones like this the gold won't wear off anytime soon. As for the thicker plating, you could always ask.

BTW, I got mine from Epoch (thewatchprince) and he is great!!!

The TT BCE looks like a very nice watch. Had the Two Tone version came out earlier, I had most likely ordered that..

The gold plating of the newer replicas seems to be very good. There are many genuine Chronomats from the 1990ties with the gold plating on the rider tabs wearing off.. It looks very tatty!

The TT BCE looks like a very nice watch. Had the Two Tone version came out earlier, I had most likely ordered that..

The gold plating of the newer replicas seems to be very good. There are many genuine Chronomats from the 1990ties with the gold plating on the rider tabs wearing off.. It looks very tatty!

Never bought a two tone watch before, always been very skeptical about the gold wearing off...also i read some posts where alot of our members suggest not to go for a two tone watch as it comes out...I have emailed a couple of dealers and asked them if they could make the plating thicker...if anyone else here has any experience with two tone watches...please let me know...Also i was checking Angus's watch descreption..his says that the watch has 8 microns whereas josh's and andrew's says it has 5 mil of platting....is it the same thing???

Thanks,

iD

Edited by Ishann

his says that the watch has 8 microns whereas josh's and andrew's says it has 5 mil of platting....is it the same thing???

Both the same watch. Neither dealer has any idea how thick the plating is. They know what the factory tells them or what they guess. There is no way to tell for sure. It looks very good though.