When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Navitimer!

Mobile

Hi all,

I was going to pull the trigger on a Navitimer Serie Speciale (12-9-6 configuration) with black dial, and had a few questions and wanted to confirm what I'd read in earlier reviews and "guide to bests...". Guidance would be much appreciated!

1. Want to confirm that the 12-9-6 config is likely to be more reliable than the 3-6-9

2. Want to confirm that the gen case had a brushed finish but the reps have a shiny finish (do any dealers have the brushed finish?)

3. The sub dials are off-white in the gen, as they are in the latest reps

4. What about the recessed date font issue? I'd read that the 3-6-9 has this issue but the 12-9-6 doesn't? I checked with Joshua and he (very fairly IMO) referred me to the pic saying he doesn't want to make a judgement on what I might consider recessed. Is this recessed enough to be noticeable? Picture here link

5. How easy is it locate a gen black leather strap / how much could one expect to pay?

Thanks once again!

post-3474-1178195911_thumb.jpg

link and pic from Josh's site...

1) Yes, altough I have never had a problem with either movements

2) The dealer you are in contact with at the moment does sell a swiss movement with brushed case for a very high price. Or you can do what DWSmoot has done here... http://www.rwg.cc/members/Navi-Brushed-Ban...ETE-t23317.html

3) Havent got mine to hand so I can't comment on this.

4) The 12,9,6, doesnt suffer from a recessed datewheel. The 3,6,9, due to the extra gears in the movement making it sit lower below dial.

5) I paid

If you look around this very section you will find a great deal of posts regarding the navi and all it's glory, you will find answers to questions you havn't even asked yet, I highly recommend you spend some time reading up before you make the purchase and welcome aboard.

I believe the subdials are actually a light silver, but because of the circular pattern finish, they look almost white. The subdials on the gen are not quite as recessed as those on the rep. Another flaw on the SS is that the rep uses the same crystal as the regular navi, but the gen has a slightly domed crystal.

Edited by andreww