When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tropic 21

Well Zig, I will try to score a vj72 but that seems hard... I get outbid every occasion even with snipers... seem to run in the 1200 nowadays. As I grab one I will ask you to service it and assemble it ... a tropic should also be installed... so pm me a price if you will. Cheers.

I can get aftermarket T21's, that from my comparison to genuine ones, are identical, they have the 45 degree angle on the top of the edge, and look and fit great.

I have a couple in stock most of the time, and can always get more...

RG

It seems that we have single-handedly raised the relative worth of Valjoux 72 movements in the past 1 1/2 years!

They were already highly collectible movements to begin with though. I know of 2 collector friends who only collect V72 chronographs - they've been doing so for 15+ years.

Take your time, you will find one at a good price. It just takes patience.

Cheers

I got a beautiful 726 about 6 months ago for $450!!!

You are very lucky - your experience is extremely rare and totally uncommon. Perhaps the seller was unaware of what the 726 iteration of V72 was worth (certainly way more than a measily $450).

Yes, the ebay seller did not know anything about the watch. It was listed as a Roamer Chronograph, also there where no photos of the movement, and the describtion did not mention anything about the movement. You can still find valjoux 72 series movements on ebay for very good prices, you just have to be patient and know how to look for them. The best way to look for these movements is to first learn which watch brands used VJ72 series movements, and then serach for these brands. If you do a serach on Valjoux 72 on the bay, you will have to pay the market price which is over $1000 at the moment and increasing...

BTW, the VJ726 that i got was i real beauty, it looks brand new, it is in perfect condition and does not even need to be cleaned...

Edited by the collector