When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona Movement & Hands (secs at 6)

I have just joined this great site, so I am a complete newbie.

My latest project is a Daytona, I have an original case, and original white dial for (seconds at 6) and I am looking for a suitable movement and hands to match.

Can anyone tell me where I can get a modified (seconds at 6) 7750 or 7753 with the correct spacing to fit the original dial and a nice set of high quality hands to finish the watch please.

Cheers

If you're using a genuine case and dial for a 116520, a mod 7750 unfortunately won't work as it's 2x - 3x taller than the Rolex cal. 4130, and a 7753 won't have the right subdial spacing either (the 116520's 9:00/6:00 subdials sit slightly above center axis, not to mention, the stem is likely not to line up). The only suitable movement for the case is a genuine 4130, which I may (heavy emphasis on may ;) ) be able to source, but it will most likely run $5k - $6k US- Almost the cost of buying a TT 116523 on the secondary market. This is due to Rolex's control on the secondary parts market with regards to servicing and parts replacement (e.g. finding this movement complete anywhere other than from Rolex direct is near impossible). It might be more worth your while buying a genuine TT and simply wearing as-is (or if you're set on all SS, converting to 116520 spec).

Hands can be sourced for $150 to $200...

Best regards,

R