When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What would you do with this?

predfan2001

I personally like very worn and vintaged items. I have a genuine dial, but I like the aged look of this dial to. This appears to be an old refinish to me, it was advertised on eBay as a gen. The submariner below the feet and meters doesn't seem correct. I was thinking this dial in a MBW case, gen. crystal, gen. crown and stem. Vintaged/bleached insert and roughed up bracelet. Maybe even a missing pearl.

243567-9108.jpg

Edited by predfan2001

I personally like very worn and vintaged items. I have a genuine dial, but I like the aged look of this dial to. This appears to be an old refinish to me, it was advertised on eBay as a gen. The submariner below the feet and meters doesn't seem correct. I was thinking this dial in a MBW case, gen. crystal, gen. crown and stem. Vintaged/bleached insert and roughed up bracelet. Maybe even a missing pearl.

243662-9076.jpg

Sounds like a good plan to me. I've just got a positive for a custom vintage Rolex dial from ClassicWatchParts, so will be undertaking a similar project. I'm going to be ordering a 6200 dial, but printed in contemporary colors and with white lume, essentially how the watch would look if it was BrandSpankingNew rather than 50 years old. I'll have a spare Submariner from my planned GMT Submariner project, so thought putting the 6200 dial inside would make a good side project.