When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

High resolution pic's of caseback 176 and 177

doopey

I suppose you already have this?

243667-9065.jpg

Just be warned: I found it declared as a 176 pic, but OP 6570 is a classic OP number for the 116. I am unsure whether OP used that number for 176 cases too.

Maybe this other pic could help too. Some details are out of focus, but other are more visible than in the former pic.

243812-9027.jpg

Thanks guys, this will help I'm sure. According to Angus the case back of the 176 is the same as the 177 but I'm not sure about it. :huh:

Serials are not the same.. Plus I think the 176 has been produced in lower number.

doopey

Since you're getting the custom caseback, I was wondering if it doesn't concern you that the center plate of the movement has the wrong font and finish as per the gen?

This is something that really pisses me, 'cause everyone complains about the fonts on the dials (and I know that it's because it's the first tell of a rep) but not one complains about the decoration of the movement.

Please enlight me or else!

Cheers!

doopey

Since you're getting the custom caseback, I was wondering if it doesn't concern you that the center plate of the movement has the wrong font and finish as per the gen?

This is something that really pisses me, 'cause everyone complains about the fonts on the dials (and I know that it's because it's the first tell of a rep) but not one complains about the decoration of the movement.

Please enlight me or else!

Cheers!

people are more complaining about the dial just because it's the thing that can be seen when someone is wearing the watch...that's what I think why complaints are more refered to the dial side!

doopey

Before you even go down that road. You don't have to turn the watch over to see the CG is not correct for a H series. It's easily visible while on the wrist. Most H series Cg are not even close.

I would like the better CG first, before I start to worry about the degree of finishing quality on the movement.

This would be a dream for a 176h or 177h rep:

post-2539-1178755855_thumb.jpg

Angus just contacted me, he is going to use the caseback of the 177 so of course I'm not sure anymore, maybe I better go for the 177 :(

@turboGUATE, I dont think that is a big issue for me, however I think it's a bummer that te CG is wrong, but that could be fixed in the future.

Everyone many thanks for the pictures, they were a big help. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Good luck Doopey. I'd go with the 176 (because it's rarer) but both options are great. Just one question: why did you choose Angus over DSN? I've seen his CG and they loook pretty fine to me....

Cheers!

4 reasons:

1. Quality control, Davidsan has none (if I have to believe all the stories);

2. He doesn't accept PP;

3. Angus has a much better price;

4. Maybe DSN's CG is better but he is using the case back of a 036!!!!