When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can anyone help my P.O

MacGB

Hi all,

I wonder if you can diagnose my P.O's problem. It looks like the crown stem has popped out and won't sit flush anymore. It happened one day pretty much out of the blue, it hasn't been banged or pulled hard etc. I've attached a few pics for you to see to give you an idea but it is sitting out about 2mm on top of the screw out distance.

Hope you can help, my fav watch is poorly!!

22588-1691.jpg

22588-1692.jpg

The crown tube has become unscewed and stuck inside the crown of the watch. First remove the winding stem by pushing a narrow screwdriver into the stem release hole, it's the hole to the left of the stem in your first picture. It looks like a circle with a bar shape superimposed.

You press it and it will allow you to pull the stem directly out.

Now you will have the stem, crown and tube in your fingers as a complete unit. The tube needs to be unscrewed from the crown, but you don't want to damage the threads on the tube because you're going to re-install it later.

Go ahead, make some progress and then we can help you with the next steps. BTW, go to the local auto supply shop and purchase a small vial of Loctite Threadlocker (blue) Medium strength.

Well ? what cha waiting for?

The crown tube has become unscewed and stuck inside the crown of the watch. First remove the winding stem by pushing a narrow screwdriver into the stem release hole, it's the hole to the left of the stem in your first picture. It looks like a circle with a bar shape superimposed.

You press it and it will allow you to pull the stem directly out.

Now you will have the stem, crown and tube in your fingers as a complete unit. The tube needs to be unscrewed from the crown, but you don't want to damage the threads on the tube because you're going to re-install it later.

Go ahead, make some progress and then we can help you with the next steps. BTW, go to the local auto supply shop and purchase a small vial of Loctite Threadlocker (blue) Medium strength.

Well ? what cha waiting for?

Cheers for that :D

'll give it a go tonight and post the resulting pics.