When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My next rep

teddy boy

For my next rep, I'm considering a Breitling Super Ocean, an Omega Planet Ocean 45mm, or a Roger Dubuis Easy Diver. As you can see, I'm not looking at chronos. The stories about asia 7750s have me gun shy and I'm not willing to go the $$$ for a real Valjoux.

I guess to give me good opinions, you need to know my present selection of reps.

2 subs, one classic black, one all gold plated with a blue face (neither is a great rep but neither is awful)

white gold day date with rhodium dial, to my untrained eye, this is a better rep, I really like this watch.

Pam 029, pretty good watch bought from guy on Ioffer. It probably wouldn't pass muster with the Pam fans on the forum but so few people have seen pams that nobody I encounter would know enough to question it.

White dial ingenieur, I didn't know that they were phantoms when I bought it which is good. I probably wouldn't have bought it knowing that it was a phantom but it turns out that I really like this watch a lot. In fact, it's probably become my favorite rep.

That's what I have and what I'm considering. Opinions would be welcome.

I have the superocean and it is an incredible watch. Very high quality in terms of build.

Excuse the blurry picture...

I assume your super ocean is the one with the eta movement? Could I ask where you got it? The responses here are confirming what I am probably leaning toward.