When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot Big Bang strap uncomfortable (Please Help)

jj69

I just got my HBB (SS version).

I'm disappointed to find that when wearing the watch, the beautiful deployant clasp is very uncomforable. The little metal [censored] on the bottom of the clasp rubs against my wrist and digs into it just enough to drive me crazy.

I know others have had this same complaint, but I don't recall the solution. I've tried wearing the watch a bit tighter than normal and a bit looser than normal - nothing helps. I recall someone saying they either filed or sanded down that [censored] to make it more comfortable. If anyone has had success with this, please post detailed instructions on how you did it.

Is the gen clasp like this as well?

I'm disappointed to find that when wearing the watch, the beautiful deployant clasp is very uncomforable. The little metal [censored] on the bottom of the clasp rubs against my wrist and digs into it just enough to drive me crazy.

I know others have had this same complaint, but I don't recall the solution. I've tried wearing the watch a bit tighter than normal and a bit looser than normal - nothing helps. I recall someone saying they either filed or sanded down that [censored] to make it more comfortable. If anyone has had success with this, please post detailed instructions on how you did it.

i tried... to stop wearing the watch :wounded1:

Hi,

I had this problem as well. I bought a piece of self adhesive padding and stuck a small square of it between the 2 parts than stand proud and cut into the wrist. This sorted my problem. Can't be seen when the watch is being worn. I'll try and remember to post a photo tomorrow.

Montydog,

That would be fantastic! Please post a pic when you can. I recall some people saying they sanded down part of the clasp, but I was afraid to take a file or sandpaper to this expensive rep. If you're in the US, please let me know exactly what brand of padding you used and where you bought it.

TIA

Hi,

I had this problem as well. I bought a piece of self adhesive padding and stuck a small square of it between the 2 parts than stand proud and cut into the wrist. This sorted my problem. Can't be seen when the watch is being worn. I'll try and remember to post a photo tomorrow.

Montydog,

That would be fantastic! Please post a pic when you can. I recall some people saying they sanded down part of the clasp, but I was afraid to take a file or sandpaper to this expensive rep. If you're in the US, please let me know exactly what brand of padding you used and where you bought it.

TIA

I've been really busy today so no photo but I'll try and get it done tomorrow. I'm in UK, BTW.

I've been really busy today so no photo but I'll try and get it done tomorrow. I'm in UK, BTW.

Hi,

Here are the photos. The material I used was Scholl Pressure Point foam padding. I put it between the 2 prominent ridges on the reverse of the buckle to fill the gap. It works very well and can't be seen when you're wearing the watch. Ignore the red marks; I'd just taken my Pam 243 off which has a rubber strap.

246469-8455.jpg

246469-8456.jpg

246469-8457.jpg

Thank you, Montydog! The material looks thicker than I expected. I'm assuming "Scholl" is the UK version of "Dr. Scholl's" products we have here in the UK.

Do you think there's something special about this "Pressure Point" product, or do you think any sort of padding would do the job just as well?

Thanks again.

Hi,

Here are the photos. The material I used was Scholl Pressure Point foam padding. I put it between the 2 prominent ridges on the reverse of the buckle to fill the gap. It works very well and can't be seen when you're wearing the watch. Ignore the red marks; I'd just taken my Pam 243 off which has a rubber strap.

Thank you, Montydog! The material looks thicker than I expected. I'm assuming "Scholl" is the UK version of "Dr. Scholl's" products we have here in the UK.

Do you think there's something special about this "Pressure Point" product, or do you think any sort of padding would do the job just as well?

Thanks again.

I think any padding would do the job. I chose this because it has a very strong "stick" and it was just the right thickness.