When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

where has all the real discussion gone?

Hmmm...................'eLipses' and 'sentax'.....from a useageaster..............................methinks....'eLLipses".......and 'syntax'........and the Swiss are very aware of Leon's surname.....!

Hope there aren't too many eLLipses for you................!

p.s. je brule avec anticipation.. J'ai deux montres en route de Chine a chez moi.

pug... point taken :-)

Ouais, il va falloir attendre, mon pote. C'est toujours le cas. :D

Oui, il faut faire gaffe; je suis bilangue aussi. Suis-je ton cauchemar ultime?

Ok, I think I've made my point. I'm done. :D

I remember the rbj69 days, talk about long winded discussions with no sentence structure, no punctuation, no spelling, no clue.

And then no joe. Whatever.

I have been gone for a while, I drop in once in a blue moon and check the 40-60 pages of stuff. From what I see, nothing has changed other than the players.

I miss Demsey and DL Gates. If these guys were here, I'd be drinking & buying at the bar.

What it has lost in 'personality', it has gained in efficiency: the greatest good (replica watch information and discussion) for the greatest number. :gathering:

Past experiences in opening the forum to discussions involving politics, religion, sexuality and other 'hot' topics led to personal attacks and the crossing of lines that many members felt should never be crossed. :jerry:

A certain number of members left or ceased contributing. :starwars::icon_sadangel2:

In the interest of the sanity of both moderators and members, it became necessary to create a 'neutral' environment focussed mainly on replica watches and the issues surrounding them: this was (and is) the objective of a forum like RWG. :sun:

The proof of these decisions is in the reading of RWG: it's a pretty smooth ride, no? :icecream:

Perhaps too smooth for some, but at least most of the passengers arrive at their respective destinations in one piece, wiser (and happier) for the experience.... :drive1:

Parenthetically (and although it has been pointed out before), I think that few people are sufficiently aware of the enormous amount of work necessary on the part of the moderators and administration to keep this forum up and running: members - especially newcomers, have a tendancy to imagine that RWG is offered as a sort of public service. :o

Perhaps one of the greatest dangers to the ongoing existence of the forum is the sense of entitlement found in many of its members, while those who contribute financially by upgrading their membership still remain a minority. A modest financial contribution to RWG not only ensures that it can continue to serve the community but it also the proof of a certain level of personal committment - and if nothing else, a nice way of 'thanking' the people who make RWG possible -and who to my knowledge receive no other rewards other than the satisfaction of a job well done. :chef:

members - especially newcomers, have a tendancy to imagine that RWG is offered as a sort of public service. :o

Perhaps one of the greatest dangers to the ongoing existence of the forum is the sense of entitlement found in many of its members, while those who contribute financially by upgrading their membership still remain a minority.

Well said. The member list remains 66% non-financial contributors, dealers exempted.

I'd be willing to wager most of us misplace the equvalent of $5 a month.