When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex TT Daytona

DarthSimon

Looks like older model of Daytona (with El Primero movement). If you asked me I'd say it's real... subregisters, case and bracelet look good... but then again I'm no Daytona expert.

Edited by By-Tor

Looks like older model of Daytona (with El Primero movement). If you asked me I'd say it's real... subregisters, case and bracelet look good... but then again I'm no Daytona expert.

I've been trying to buid a franken of this exact watch except my OEM dial's subdials do not have the gold ring--i am almost suyre Rolex did make a version w/ the gold ring on the el primero daytona, though. The dial does not look as crisp as mine, which is unopened NOS, but this could be due to the pics. The bezel looks like mine except in better condition. The pushers look crisper than mine since mine are aftermarket. The crown looks identical to my OEM crown. I do not have OEM case, hands, end links or bracelet to compare this watch to. It's possible that I was sold rep parts as OEM, but I doubt it since the sources are well known. It's even more possible that my Rolex eye sucks, so take my comparison w/ a grain of salt.

But, on balance, I'd say genuine although it's nearly impossible to tell if it is a franken unless you have pics of the movement.