When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Carbon Fiber straps.. Photos of different ones...

V

Well I got a rare A series coramid velcro panerai strap for my 112 (since the summer approaches and i dont like the rubber that much).

It is not the crappy newer version (which i had couple of months ago) made from rubber and very very uncomfortable.. This is the A/B series made by Hirsch and it is so comfortable .. miles better than the newer.

248935-8104.jpg

248935-8105.jpg

And this is a carbon fiber from DON for my Ferrari.. Will keep it as it is for a while and then I will re-thread it with yellow stitching when i will get bored of it.

248935-8106.jpg

248935-8107.jpg

This photo is a comparison of 3 'so called' carbon fibers.. The Panerai is Identical material as the DON which is very cool and the glowing lady in the back is the rep strap that came with the 212. Same glossy crappy material though is used by many other aftermarket strap dealers (almost all of them) but DON's new version is the one closest to the genuine.

248935-8108.jpg

248935-8109.jpg

Edited by V

Great comparison V. Thought I'd chime in with some others.

This is a Rubberized Kevlar strap that Kurt at The Watch Boys sells which is real comfortable. I have it on my 089.

249011-8097.jpg

I also like the OEM Coramids. I have one on my Chronopassion (239):

249011-8098.jpg

Great comparison and great suggestion, V. Thanks!

I too thought I'd chime in with the one I just got from Panatime:

249089-8072.jpg

249089-8073.jpg

249089-8074.jpg

249089-8075.jpg

249089-8076.jpg

249089-8077.jpg

Great comparison and great suggestion, V. Thanks!

I too thought I'd chime in with the one I just got from Panatime:

It is the same strap DON sells... At least from the photos looks identical.

It is the same strap DON sells... At least from the photos looks identical.

Does also DON's one come with a polished, sewn-in, large-size buckle?

I have to say I don't love that buckle... I mounted that strap on a brushed case watch, and I think that a brushed buckle would make a better match... and that buckle is a little oversized to my taste, too.

I just need to get the nerve to sacrify it (sawtooth needed) and replace it.

Hoping that a screw-in buckle would not leave too much room at the strap's end.

Edit:

I had a look at DON's.

I think that DON's is better quality.

Apart from the fact that it costs 45$ vs 29$, the stitching looks a little differently placed, better manufactured, and of a better quality...

Does also DON's one come with a polished, sewn-in, large-size buckle?

I have to say I don't love that buckle... I mounted that strap on a brushed case watch, and I think that a brushed buckle would make a better match... and that buckle is a little oversized to my taste, too.

I just need to get the nerve to sacrify it (sawtooth needed) and replace it.

Hoping that a screw-in buckle would not leave too much room at the strap's end.

Edit:

I had a look at DON's.

I think that DON's is better quality.

Apart from the fact that it costs 45$ vs 29$, the stitching looks a little differently placed, better manufactured, and of a better quality...

Yes mine has a sewn-in buckle as well... It seems it is a bit of better quality but not miles away...

Yes mine has a sewn-in buckle as well... It seems it is a bit of better quality but not miles away...

Thanks for your reply, V!

Oooo, didn't even occur to me to use a CF strap until now...just slapped it on. Should've hit me sooner - Ferrari -> F1 -> CF...it just make sense. :D I used the sharpie technique to colour the stitching and wet-sanded the polished buckle for the brushed look.

249620-7919.jpg

Oooo, didn't even occur to me to use a CF strap until now...just slapped it on. Should've hit me sooner - Ferrari -> F1 -> CF...it just make sense. :D I used the sharpie technique to colour the stitching and wet-sanded the polished buckle for the brushed look.

It looks nice as well with yellow stitching.. Yours is the other quality carbon.. the glossy one...