When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Please someone give this Navitimer a good home.....

chrgod

I am so tempted to buy this one.. A rusty but complete and running vintage Navitimer.. Not your usual stuff..

It requires a lot of work, but these are among the coolest Navis ever made. This Cosmonaute has true Space heritage!

Just wonder what you guys would consider about the right price for this piece? All original, but the term "nicely vitagized" would be an understatement..

Navitimer AOPA

http://images.marketworks.com/fullView.asp...65/ast_1002.jpg

http://images.marketworks.com/fullView.asp...65/ast_1002.jpg

wow....i wouldn't even have the slightest clue what to pay for one of these. i'm guessing you've tried looking for completed listings on ebay to see if anything remotely similar has been sold on the 'bay in the past month?

the seller does have a 7 day unconditional return policy, which is comforting (ie. if you felt like you paid to much after buying/receiving the watch, looks like you can send it back)....

just a couple thoughts for you. the watch isn't exactly my thing, but would love to see pics of a before/after restoration (similar to ziggy's most recent pocket watch restoration)...

deltatahoe

I have had a number in with water damage, like this one has...

You'll never restore it, it would be a total write off, I have pics of various movements I took apart following water infiltration, and you think you car rusts? You should see what water does to these small gears and stuff...

It's a complete write off, not sure why anyone would pay $700+ for it?

RG

Your AOPA Gigandet are a true beuty, Nanuq! :)

Thanks for your opinion, The Zigmeisterzumba. That was in fact what I had expected, it looks too far gone... But it is impressive that is is still running and the chrono is working, according to the ad.

But there is something romantic about dreaming of restoring an old car, house or wristwatch to its former glory... In reality, I tend to take on too many "projects".. I hope the new owner will taks up the challenge, then some day, it will look like this,

250665-7663.jpg