When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Rolex Rep this one is ?

Hello guys !

This is my first post in this forum.

When I was more noob than now (if this is possible) I bought a rep, eta 2386.

Then I discovered the various types, MBW, vipmariner, noobmariner, etc.

Though, reading some of their reviews I still cannot decide what my one is.

I put here the picture (sorry for dust and bad skills of the photographer).

I'd like to know what do you think this watch could be.

Eventually I'll tell you where and how much I payed it.

Thanks

251106-7537.jpg

251106-7538.jpg

251106-7539.jpg

251106-7540.jpg

251106-7541.jpg

251106-7542.jpg

251106-7543.jpg

251106-7544.jpg

Hi Chap, welcome aboard!

I am a complete ignorant about Rolex, just wanted to say hi.

I am confident that some much more educated member than me will chime in to help you.

Should you ever get bitten by the PAM bug, just let me know. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hi and welcome too,

I will not tell you what it is, as it could be anything, but I would suggest that you check your links.

I couldn't open the pics.

I'm sure some Rolex experts might help you, but, why not say where and how much ?

Pictures are not allways easy to make an opinion.

Cheers

Stephane

EDITED: oops, sorry I could open the pictures now.

Should you ever get bitten by the PAM bug, just let me know. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

sssurfer, thanks a lot for your welcome. You betcha I'll be bittem by the PAM bug too. But I cannot sustain addictions, but one at a time :D

I'm sure some Rolex experts might help you, but, why not say where and how much ?

Pictures are not allways easy to make an opinion.

you're right Stephane. I didn't want to influence you by giving the name. I've bought it from Homer (uk) mulberryoutlet.co.uk

220 USD

Watching pictures it seems to me that my cyclop, or date magnification, is too much on the right (magnification is good) and you cannot see easily any portion of the dial at its right. But I'm not sure about this, I've seen so many pictures that I'm puzzled. Not having a gen available is difficult.

I'm not able to judge how much conical my rehaut is. The same goes for its deepness.

Instead I'm quite sure my rep has a thick crystal gasket. This is good. So it should not be a noobmariner.

Could it be a WBK ? I've read WBKs have a good crystal gasket similar to the gen ones.

IMHO the crystal it is not perfectly straight at the base. It's bended. I dunno if well beleved. I'm Not sure.

The crystal gasket seems not too thick.

I'm not able to judge bezel's teeth.

Bezel clicks are 120. Correct.

many thanks

are you meaning MBK or MBW or Msd or Wus ????

Stephane, now I think my rep comes really from King. I've read a lot of Homer's old posts on another forum and he talks often of Guangzhou, where Mrs. Kingwatch is.

Seriously, the cyclop is way too far right but that doesn't help in fact as it could be the picture...

If you paid that price, my guess you do not loose money anyway.

I guess It's not the picture. It's the more noticeable thing I saw at first glance, even as newbye.

I'd like to purchase other submarines. I love this watch. My problem is that in my country not only confiscation by customs is becoming ever more frequent, but I heard of court orders arriving to some purchasers of chinese nike shoes on ebay. Until now online buyers had minor troubles. Confiscation at most and months of delay. But police has already started to fine people buying from street vendors. Even a single pair of sunglasses costs you 3500 euro fine and is considered a criminal offence. It seems more sure to buy drugs. Yes, you can say you didn't know it was a rep, or even say you didn't order anything, but if you receive a court order you've to hire a lawyer to say that. It's a sword of Damocles hanging over your head. You can rely on the fact they will not do that for a single watch, but it's always a worrying possibility depending on burocrats' will.

So I buy from UK dealers. Little choice. How to buy a MBW or an Ultimate in this way ?

I'm thinking of triangulation. Are there people/dealer in UK available to buy for you a watch and send it to your eu country ?

Thanks a lot Stephane of your attention

Are there people/dealer in UK available to buy for you a watch and send it to your eu country ?

Thanks a lot Stephane of your attention

Yes there are: Narika, PT (Precious Time) for good Eta Subs and TTK for MBW.

I don't know what your budget is, but if you have some cash, go for a MBW right away. It will save you to have 3 subs before finaly going for a 350$ MBW anyway.

Cheers

Stephane

TTK: http://www.rwg.cc/members/MBW-16610-Submariner-t24074.html

Thanks Stephane. I just wrote TTK (again).

BTW, it seems TTK's BMW are shipped from thailand. No good...

Talking with other friends in other forums I've seen this is an important issue for many europeans collectors.

I copy and paste what I've just written in another forum, replaying to a German chum:

> Does anyone know a reliable method of ordering good replicas from germany?

This problem will become ever more important.

For what I've seen on forums by now in Germany you've impounded parcels at most. I don't know how the purchase of a single item is regarded there, but I've not heard of other issues, by now, other that a written letter coming from Rolex.

The fact is than in some other eu countries even a purchase of a single item is a criminal offence.

Along italian streets some hapless tourists have been fined 3,500 euro for having purchased a single pair of sunglasses. Just heard of an ebay purchaser of Nikes shoes receiving a court order.

You can say you believed to buy a gen or even that you didn't ordered anything. In this case the trick against you is the onus probandi (burdern of the proof) inversion. If you automatically receive a court order you've to hire a lawyer to explain your reason. Even without lawyers it's a disproportionate slog for owning a rep.

With the harmonization process of laws ongoing in EU I bet the homogenization will be headed to make things more difficult. Western countries are no more manufacterers' economies. Companies live on property rights, monopolies, oligopolies. Brand names being a part of it, all concentated in the hands of ever fewer subjects.

It suffices to view what brands a single company owns (see the lower right corner: www. richemont . com )

It'll be worst in the future, I bet.

By now I think the best thing europeans can do is to find someone in UK offering a triangulation service.

The UK it's the only eu country with some freedom up to the present moment (and at my knowledge).

You have now three dealers in UK only. You have a small choice. For instance, I can't have a MBW or an ultimate submariner 16610 shipped from UK.

The only solution could be a dealer, or other new respected member from UK, offering this service:

You tell him to buy a certain watch from an international dealer oversea.

He purchases the watch, receives it and then reship it to you for a premium from Europe and thus without custmos concerns.

No customs issues, no court-orders, no worrying.

We have to see if one of the present dealers is availabe to do this service or even if a well respected British member of the majot forums is available to do it. For what I've seen I guess it would be for him even more remunerative than importing and reselling watches.

Anyone knowing who does offer this service or it's available to do that ?

To close this thread I correct a wrong statement I did.

I wrote:

You can say you believed to buy a gen or even that you didn't ordered anything. In this case the trick against you is the onus probandi (burdern of the proof) inversion. If you automatically receive a court order you've to hire a lawyer to explain your reason. Even without lawyers it's a disproportionate slog for owning a rep.

You can say nothing in Italy.

I've just read the 2005 law. I didn't know it.

I beg your pardon for translation quality:

(ASTONISHING: it is punished the ATTEMPT :o )

Art.1 c.7