When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

232 Radiomir from Davidsen

dluddy

So I love the Radiomir design. When Panerai released an homage piece as part of the 1938 Special Edition Series it was love at first sight.

Whats not to love?

A 47MM Rad with a brown Sandwich Dial :wub:

Communication with Davidsen was great. I wanted this made with Gold Fiddy hands that don't taper. The model he posted had the pinched hands which taper at the pin. He graciously accomodated my request and the funds were dispatched. Delivery was in less than 14 days from order :1a:

I am very impressed. This is my first Davidsen PAM and he did not dissapoint. The dial is nicely done, great crown with longer threads to avoid the 183 issues, and the hands are much more genuine looking. The Superlume dial is a bonus and the crystal has slight AR. The only real faults I can find are that the Hour hand is slightly longer than the genuine and the Caseback does not have the Serialization engraving. The dial might be a shade too light but overall it makes a nice presentation and I am really happy with the result :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Now for the pictures - strap is GEF Cammello:

251409-7442.jpg

251409-7443.jpg

251409-7444.jpg

251409-7445.jpg

251409-7446.jpg

The genuine:

251409-7447.jpg

251409-7448.jpg

i took a really hard look at these, but in the end decided to pass given the 47mm size. how would you say this wears relative to a fiddy? given the lack of crown guard i'm guessing it wears a bit smaller, but would be interested to hear your thoughts...

i really like your choice of strap -- the cammello looks great on the watch :wub: it is darker than i would have expected from the pics on tcstraps

deltatahoe