When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep ar compared to a gen colt chrono

shultz

Hi there,

the ar coating quality on the current reps has been discussed several times. I don't want to continue that discussion but just w3ant to share some pics: You can see my gen chrono colt automatic (out of production, now) compared to my SF and BCE (both rep). The ar on the SF is very close to the gen but the BCE is lower quality. I assume an aditional hard coat (as on glasses) on the SF but not on my BCE because the BCE shows some very small scratches in the ar. BTW: I don't handle my SF with care: It is my daily beater and nevertheless I can't see any scratches.

Enjoy the pics (I know, I should spend more time and money for my photo skills instead of watches :whistling: ):

251545-7413.jpg

251545-7414.jpg

Is it possible to take another pic of the 3 watches showing the reflections of their ar coating, dude? :p

Sorry, mam :lol: I've got just one further pic which shows that the AR coating definately reduces reflections: From that ancle it seems that both watches have no crystals assembled:

251680-7359.jpg

Is that a slate gray BCE? Is your outer ring black like the gen? Because mine is gray.

No, that is the grey/ black version (better: it was promised as that version...). Actually the dial seems to be brownish which is an obvious flaw. I already have a genuine dial in stock which will be swapped asap. The outer ring is the same wrong colour as the dial. :thumbdown: