When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New pepsi insert

Guest jdmdohcpower

i am not an expert, but i am told the font is serif, what about this?

to be honest, I dont like the color either.

BTW, If i were you, i´d replace the crystal. The crown is a lot big, and i am not sure about the date magnification, but i think it never should be as bigger as this,

Regards,

Manuel

Edited by manuel

It's an ok bezel. The numbers are a little bit too high (they don't perfectly fit inside the insert ring). But that's just a minor annoyance. It's always hard to tell from the pictures but the colors look ok. Pepsi should have slightly lighter red than Black-Red (Burgundy).

GMT Master II comes with 2 different fonts. We have been going through this gazillion times. Some new genuines have the Serif font, some have this font (so it's correct).

I don't know why so many people insist that the GMT's _only_ come with the Serif font when it's simply not true.

Here are the new GMT's from Basel and they use this same font (non-Serif).

25808-1003.jpg

Here's one with the Serif font. Notice the miniscule difference in 2, 4.

I don't think I've ever seen a vintage GMT with a Serif font. Most that I've seen use this same font but with thinner numbers... and sometimes darker blue color.

I wouldn't obsess over the colors and bezel numbers too much. Almost all genuine preowned GMT's have replacement inserts. Sellers usually throw in a new insert because it's a cheap way of making the watch look better.

Here's a typical example of a vintage insert:

Edit: Ah, Manuel I see you deleted your question about vintages. Well I answered anyway. ;)

Edited by By-Tor