When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I think that this is my favorite date...

Guest avitt

Guest avitt
I think I prefer the 22nd, but here is my 23 on the OEM WM/MBW (I still cannot make my mind up whether I like the Ubi/WM DW's bolder sanserif font or the OEM WM/MBW's serifs, which I was able to center perfectly)

252094-7256.jpg

If it helps to make up your mind, I believe it is actually impossible to perfectly center the WM date wheel for all dates throughout the month...but the print quality is oh, so nice.

Edited by avitt

Avitt -- I mostly agree with you. I actually fit one of the Watchmeister DWs to the 2846 that originally came in the watch, but, shortly after that, the movement died and I swapped it out for another 2846 and installed the OEM MBW (metal) DW on the replacement movement.

It was not that noticeable through a crystal without a magnifying lens (cyclops), but the slight dot-matrixy appearance of the Watchmeister fonts along with my inability to center most of the dates (an off-center date is one of those all-too-typical rep 'features' that really bugs me) has left me ambivalent about swapping the datewheels again. I do like the way the Watchmeister looks though, so I will take another look at it when I take the watch apart to do the next set of mods, maybe this weekend if the rest of my drill press vice parts arrive in time.