When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problem with Ferrari 0008

The best rep I have at this moment. Keeps time well within 4 secs per 24 hours. Looks perfect. Unfortunatey yesterday I used the chrono (for timing a fart as TTK would say) and to reset it I unscrewed the bottom pusher and it came of all the way. There is a tiny screwthread on the pin where the main button screws on to but holding the slippery tip of the button with rubber plyers did not hld (I just tried). Any suggestions on what to do to fix it?

Here are the pics...

253048-7075.jpg

253048-7076.jpg

Well I love the watch so much, it has left my modded MBW DRSD in the drawer for a week. So actually I would prefer to fix it. I assume doing this with LocTite sould definately fix it but I do not have the tools to completely disassemble it without damaging. I am looking for the solution! I informed the dealer already. He told me to send it back t fix it... So he is cool :thumbsupsmileyanim: . Just don't like risking it being seized for the button if it should be a simple fix.

kingkitesurf, do you really feel that you have to completely disassemble it in order to fix?

Just holding the button with your fingers and nails instead than pliers would not work?

Nope tried that it sits back in place allright but when unscrewing the whole thing comes of. With the pusher in hand the outer rig screws easily up and down so no force is needed. Still unscrewing the whole pusher is obviously even easier. I would like to try loctite but I would lose guarantee... And still don't know if it would work.

I do not own that watch so I can't figure the need to unscrew the pusher. But Loctite will make the screw fixed, steady, you will not be able to unscrew it again. So, if the pusher really needs to get unscrewed in order to operate it, I suppose you'd better ask the dealer for a replacement...

(I am aware that, as I did not understand the way that pusher works, I am probably just telling nonsense. Sorry).

Another problem, mine does not reset to zero. Goes to the one every time. I just stop it at the twelve.LOL Not going to bother sending it back. But wanted to let you all know it happens.

This should be an easy fix. Just remove the hand, operate the reset, and reinstall the hand back placing it so that it now points to zero.

If you don't have the tools and skills to do it, it's just a ten minute work for any watchsmith.

This should be an easy fix. Just remove the hand, operate the reset, and reinstall the hand back placing it so that it now points to zero.

If you don't have the tools and skills to do it, it's just a ten minute work for any watchsmith.

What is the best tool to remove the chrono hands. The normal hand removing tool seems to be too big for the job.

What is the best tool to remove the chrono hands. The normal hand removing tool seems to be too big for the job.

If we speak about the small subdials hands then yes, you are right, the usual hand removing tool is too big.

In this case no specific tool, but just a thin blade placed under the hand base ring, where the hand sits on its pin.

Operate the blade like a lever, just a tiny bit on one side of the hand, then just a tiny bit on the opposite side, and so on, very very patiently.

(Naturally place a thin plastic or paper sheet on the dial before the job, as usual when removing hands, in order to protect the dial from scratches).