When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new Chopard GT XL (7750)

montydog

Hi Everyone! I just got my grey faced GTXL yesterday and i too noticed the choppy chrono seconds hand.  Did a search and found this thread.  Looks like i'm not alone.

After i removed the watch and figured out the deployment clasp, the plate with the engraved map at the back fell off the caseback! I seem to have no luck with these things.  Anyone know how i can secure it permanently to the caseback?

Btw it is a beautiful watch.  Just seems a tad big for my skinny wrists...

I always preferred the A07 options myself on the chronos... the versions from H maker..which IMHO I think are more accurate..

A good service wil sort your choppiness out mate I am sure.... and its always a good idea to do a service on any rep you intend to keep :) whether it has an issue or not as any dirt etc will slowly cause an issue and might do more damage if left... well you know what I mean I am sure :)

Surely your CB is screwed on?

Do you mean that fell off? ie all screws are gone? (I am sure that aint the case but always best to ask) Or is this version you have not engraved on the CB but the map on a thin metal sheet and just glued on to a blank CB ?

If it is then just glue it back on... maybe with an aralidite 2 pack for metal... just prepare surfaces like clean and remove old glue etc

Have you a pic mate ? It helps and stops us guessing on possible solutions :) ( I aint being sarky mate :) )

I always preferred the A07 options myself on the chronos... the versions from H maker..which IMHO I think are more accurate..

A good service wil sort your choppiness out mate I am sure.... and its always a good idea to do a service on any rep you intend to keep :) whether it has an issue or not as any dirt etc will slowly cause an issue and might do more damage if left... well you know what I mean I am sure :)

Surely your CB is screwed on?

Do you mean that fell off? ie all screws are gone? (I am sure that aint the case but always best to ask) Or is this version you have not engraved on the CB but the map on a thin metal sheet and just glued on to a blank CB ?

If it is then just glue it back on... maybe with an aralidite 2 pack for metal... just prepare surfaces like clean and remove old glue etc

Have you a pic mate ? It helps and stops us guessing on possible solutions :) ( I aint being sarky mate :) )

You see, the part where the engraved map is, is actually a plate attached to the actual caseback.  That plate fell out.  As i've pushed it back, i can't really get a picture of it detached.  What i can do is circle out the part i mean...

It's kinda holding on to the caseback for now but sure feels loose.  Just a matter of a few nudges before it falls right out again...

Thanks for the info for metal-to-metal adhesive, mate! Time to head down to the DIY shop and get me some.

post-59058-0-75684200-1386240190_thumb.j

I get it mate...thank you

I never realised they did that on the 7750 version...they also make the Chinese movement versions...so although its a PIA for you its good for reference...

Yes mate... thats all I would do.... the key as I am sure you know is to ensure surfaces for gluing are free from the old adhesive and dirt etc.. you might need to sand off the crap and rekey the surface for good adhesion

:)

Good luck..... Looks like you are modding already !!   (sort of !) ;)

I get it mate...thank you

I never realised they did that on the 7750 version...they also make the Chinese movement versions...so although its a PIA for you its good for reference...

Yes mate... thats all I would do.... the key as I am sure you know is to ensure surfaces for gluing are free from the old adhesive and dirt etc.. you might need to sand off the crap and rekey the surface for good adhesion

:)

Good luck..... Looks like you are modding already !!   (sort of !) ;)

Haha! yeah, it does seem like i'm "modding" straight away!  Anyway, my version is the A07 version but it's still on the choppy whoppy...

I was pretty surprised that the engraved map was actually on a plate and not engraved directly on the caseback... Kind drags it back from 1:1 to maybe 1:0.9 :g: ?

Haha! yeah, it does seem like i'm "modding" straight away!  Anyway, my version is the A07 version but it's still on the choppy whoppy...

I was pretty surprised that the engraved map was actually on a plate and not engraved directly on the caseback... Kind drags it back from 1:1 to maybe 1:0.9 :g: ?

Oh right mate...they must have changed them then...

You mean hopefully it is ...unless you have already checked what is runnng it ;) You need a service mate..all mine were silky smooth OTB so probs just usual QC issue...Though the grey face was one I had and sold right off because of the dial :(

At least it an easy fix :)