When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Palpatine

nonskeder

Anyone heard from Tommy lately? His mother died recently and Im concerned that he is not doing OK. I have tried to email him and PM him but to no avail. As those of you who know him understand that he is very prompt with a response. The last I heard from him he was looking for a couple of gen Tudor dials for a MBW-Tudor project that we were going to do. Both of us were pumped on the project and he had already done several mods to a MBW red sub that I supplied to him. After the dial swap I think we were just about finished.

I am not concerned about the watch as it can easily be replaceed. I am concerned about Palps well being. It is not like him to drop out of sight. I know that the loss of a loved one can be devestating to say the least. Just found out my younger brother has lung cancer (stage 4) and I am scared to death for him. Tommy took the death of his mother very hard as any of us would. I hope he is on the mend and not is serious trouble. Any input from the members would be helpful. Also if there is anything we could do for Tommy would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, John.

I got an email from him last week in which he wrote that he was doing a little better and that he wanted to slowly see if he could start again with picking up his hobby. So I think it's good to hear that he is having moments in which he feels a bit better but still, losing a loved one can hit pretty hard and deep so you can feel ok one day but the other day can be very hard again but I really do hope that he will be in the process of recovery from this terrible loss to him and his family..

Good luck to him.

I only ever had contact with him once, saying he was travelling a lot and busy. Hope everything gets better.

Such is the inevitability of life, but it is never easy to deal with, especially something that seems eternal.

I emailed him yesterday to see how he is doing and to ask what he is going to do on the watch front. I am sure almost all folks here, with the exception perhaps of the teenagers, have lost a close relative. Different people respond very differently to personal loss. I lost my father at age 24 and I think I took all of of 4 days off. It was a month or two later that it hit me. Frankly, I am concerned that he is sitting on his couch in depression based on his last PM. Of course, we all wish him well but I do hope he gets going sooner rather than later for both the right reasons and selfish ones.