When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just ordered a 'WG' RLX President for Pops

Chicken Manny

Hello fellow watch junkies,

I put in an order for my Father yesterday. A white gold day-date president; won't he look cool? :huh:

Anyway I ordered the 'extra special' one from EL. The one that takes a week to have specially assembled and is fairly expensive. Soooo, my question is, who has any experience with this watch? I'm trying to find out about the story on the 'white gold'. Is it plated? Higher Nickel content SS? EL said that he has the watch in his own collection (good sign) but that he doesn't know how they do it. His email said that is "real WG". Now I know it isn't solid but I thought someone might have more info on this or other WG watches. My research so far has provided a post from TTK saying that they use a higher nickel content in the SS. Any other insights would be appreciated.

Cheers all and happy Easter!

CM

i also got the "special" wg prez with cz markers on president band from el. i only wore it twice so i cant speak of the durability of the wg. but when i asked el, he said it was ss "simulated" to look like wg. so i assume its higher nickel content ss. i love the watch, its damn close to gen except it runs a lil fast. im sure The Zigmeister will be able to take care of that fairly easily tho.