When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

calibrate the date by an eta 2836-2 without to disassemble the hands ?

316L

calibrate the date by an eta 2836-2 without to disassemble the hands ?

howdy,

how can i calibrate the date by an eta 2836-2?

the figures are to deep down at my sub.

is it possible without to disassemble the hands?

if i disassemble the movement, how can i calibrate it?

(without to disassemble the hands if it is possible)

this pic is from Relaxman and it shows the same bug.

254712-6655.jpg

greetings from germany

316L

There is no adjustment for the datewheel position.

The only fix is to remove the dial, hands, etc, and then remove the datewheel overlay, reglue it in the correct position and reassemble the watch.

If you have never done this (and from your statement of not wanting to remove the hands), your best to have someone that can do the work do it for you.

RG

i have an opener and screwdrivers, so i will do it yourself and learn it.

but i have not the hands tool, is it possible to do it without this?

tips and help would be very nice.

"reglue it in the correct position" how?

can you explain me in details and in basic english the necessary workings what i have to do?

pics would be perfect.

greetings from germany

316L

i have an opener and screwdrivers, so i will do it yourself and learn it.

but i have not the hands tool, is it possible to do it without this?

tips and help would be very nice.

can you explain me in details and in basic english the necessary workings what i have to do?

pics would be perfect.

greetings from germany

316L

What board are you from??

Is there no help on that board for these questions, if it's RWI, what about the resident expert who has his own subforum for mods and upgrades? Should you not be asking his assistance?

Joining the forum and supporting it, helps to think your here for the forum, not for yourself alone...

Like other members have stated, were getting too many people joining the forum, not contributing to help pay the costs, asking for help, but not willing to support the board. You couldn't get the answers you needed on the other forum, so you came here looking for them, history shows that once you get the answers, you will disapear like so many others have...

RG

What board are you from??

Is there no help on that board for these questions, if it's RWI, what about the resident expert who has his own subforum for mods and upgrades? Should you not be asking his assistance?

Joining the forum and supporting it, helps to think your here for the forum, not for yourself alone...

Like other members have stated, were getting too many people joining the forum, not contributing to help pay the costs, asking for help, but not willing to support the board. You couldn't get the answers you needed on the other forum, so you came here looking for them, history shows that once you get the answers, you will disapear like so many others have...

RG

sorry, but i am new in this matter.

i am looking for the right board to learn.

is this a problem?

sorry, but i am new in this matter.

is this a problem?

Not at all, but you said you were from another board, and could not get help there?? Why not??

Lately we have a lot of people who join, don't support the forum (meaning contribute $$) they ask questions, once they get the answers, they disapear...

To me, that seems unfair, if you can't get answers on the forum you came from, you should contribute and become a member here and support the forum if you want people to help you out. It's a give and take, not a take only...

That is all I am saying, too many freeloaders lately, I for one am getting tired of helping people on the forum or in PM's only to have them disapear once they get what they want.

RG

Not at all, but you said you were from another board, and could not get help there?? Why not??

Lately we have a lot of people who join, don't support the forum (meaning contribute $$) they ask questions, once they get the answers, they disapear...

To me, that seems unfair, if you can't get answers on the forum you came from, you should contribute and become a member here and support the forum if you want people to help you out. It's a give and take, not a take only...

That is all I am saying, too many freeloaders lately, I for one am getting tired of helping people on the forum or in PM's only to have them disapear once they get what they want.

RG

i said nothing...

sorry, you make a big big mistake. :thumbdown:

i also new in the other forum.

is this the normal converse here? :cc_confused:

i said nothing...

sorry, you make a big big mistake. :thumbdown:

i also new in the other forum.

is this the normal converse here? :cc_confused:

Can you follow me? :gathering:

Can you follow me? :gathering:

Looks like the needle's stuck.... You sound like a broken record.....

To access many of the features on this discussion board you need to pay a small fee. I too (being a new member) am TOTALLY confused by most of the references and abbreviations. But I DO know this; people are supplying their knowledge for free. This 'place' costs money to run, and it's only fair to make a small contribution....

To blunder in, take knowledge and not contribute is at the root of the problem.

You're here.

The job you're wanting to do (fix the datewheel without removing any hands) is impossible. The datewheel is under the dial and the dial is under the hands.

ok, so far so good :rolleyes:

and now i am looking for a solution.

i have not the hands tool, is it "possible" to do it without this? ( to take care of what? )

"tips" and "help" would be very nice.

pics would be perfect.

i thought that is also a goot topic for a Topic Title... , isn't it?

Looks like the needle's stuck.... You sound like a broken record.....

To access many of the features on this discussion board you need to pay a small fee. I too (being a new member) am TOTALLY confused by most of the references and abbreviations. But I DO know this; people are supplying their knowledge for free. This 'place' costs money to run, and it's only fair to make a small contribution....

To blunder in, take knowledge and not contribute is at the root of the problem.

you are right.

they are a lot of boards, but i cant know before witch is the best for me. and pay all, thats impossible.

so i will look for a while and see for witch board i will give my pay.

i have not the hands tool, is it "possible" to do it without this? ( to take care of what? )

No way without proper tools. Please, don't ask for more tips or advise. Tools + skills + experience... are needed.

No way without proper tools. Please, don't ask for more tips or advise. Tools + skills + experience... are needed.

thats bizarre.

in the past doesnt gave that, all the watchmaker works without a hands tool.

If you remove the hands with a screwdriver or a toothpick, you risk marking them. It can be done though. Then you'll need to remove the dial, but to be honest, if you don't know what you're looking for, it's very difficult to destroy your watch at this point.

Your first research should be on how to remove a movement from a case. It's not that simple either.

Search, search, search. This has all been discussed, with pictures, lots of times.

RG

I have noticed this recent trend as well. And The Zigmeister makes a good point. I'm not calling anyone out specifically, but several noobs seem to want to extract knowledge from or participate in services provided by RWG members without giving back. Now, there's nothing wrong with being a noob at all, but IMO, step 1 is to upgrade your membership and support the board. Then we'll talk. :)

ok, so far so good :rolleyes:

and now i am looking for a solution.

pics would be perfect.

i thought that is also a goot topic for a Topic Title... , isn't it?

If you don't know what your doing (and clearly you don't know or you would not be asking, or have the correct tools to do the job) then your in over your head, meaning if you try to do this, you will most likely ruin and damage your watch. There is a big difference between doing simple jobs on a watch, and what your trying to do...

Does it make sense that with no idea of what to do, no tools, no experience, nothing, you think your able to do this job?

We are all trying to tell you this, but you don't seem to want to listen...the odds of you doing this succesfully on your first try, is very low.

You still haven't said why you could not get help on your other forum for this question?

RG

i know some of the modders don't particularly like otto frei. and having ordered dummy stuff from them myself (a bergeron springbar tool, and tips and some good screwdrivers for bracelets) both over the phone and in person i agree they are the soup nazis of the watch world.

but i do love this quote from their site;

If you are not a watch repairperson you have no rights or sane reason for purchasing a movement. Before rocket science was a science watches were considered man

Your first research should be on how to remove a movement from a case. It's not that simple either.

thats a piece of cake. for this i have the tools :thumbsupsmileyanim:

and to save the dial i will take a bite of film.

to disassemble a watch is absolut "not" impossible.

i dont have two left feet :tu:

it just amazes me that people think they can just take a watch apart and start fiddling with it???

i also have to wonder if the folks who ask these kinds of questions just assume the rest of us are idiots (or rich) for sending our watches to people who know what they are doing :rolleyes:

I agree, it's one thing to remove the movement and blow off dust, or do some other minor jobs, but there are some things that are best left to others with the experience.

The fact he is in a "hurry" and has no time to wait, says it all.

RG

thats a piece of cake. for this i have the tools :thumbsupsmileyanim:

and to save the dial i will take a bite of film.

You *will* ruin your watch, how much do you value it? Yes you can remove the movement but you haven't a clue on how to handle it and it is not something that can be conveyed via words on an Internet forum.

to disassemble a watch is absolut "not" impossible.

i dont have two left feet :tu:

Again you are correct, it's not impossible to disassemble a watch, but it is a whole different matter when it comes to handling, assembly and treatment of watch parts to end up with a healthy working watch afterwards.

If you are really that determined to hang yourself, why don't you go and buy a really cheap mechanical watch of Ebay for $25 or so and have a practice...

And as The Zigmeister pointed out, the fact you are in a hurry says it all. There is nothing you can hurry when working on a watch.