When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Are dial colors model specific?

donce

I was wondering if Panerai dial colors are model specific??? In the Gen world, can you get your favorite model with whatever color dial??? I know there are some of you that can answer this.....

There are some Gen models that have unique dial colors specific for a particular model. In our rep world, anything goes for the low-end reps. Higher-end reps' dial colors are very close to the Gen dials.

To answer your question, Panerai does not customise dial colors for their customers as far as I know. It would be nice if they did, given the price that they are asking...

There are some Gen models that have unique dial colors specific for a particular model. In our rep world, anything goes for the low-end reps. Higher-end reps' dial colors are very close to the Gen dials.

To answer your question, Panerai does not customise dial colors for their customers as far as I know. It would be nice if they did, given the price that they are asking...

Thanks!!! I was wondering....I know as a former Gen Rolex owner, you could order from a variety of dial colors at one time. I just don't want to invest in an upgraded Panerai rep only to find that it doesn't actually exist in the real world... Ex: White dial on the 055 titanium?

Thanks!!! I was wondering....I know as a former Gen Rolex owner, you could order from a variety of dial colors at one time. I just don't want to invest in an upgraded Panerai rep only to find that it doesn't actually exist in the real world... Ex: White dial on the 055 titanium?

The Pam 55 Ti only comes with a tobacco dial, you mentioned white, could be interesting, if the rep is of good, decent good quality. That said, if its the only Pam rep you will be buying (which I doubt, Pams are addictive), may I suggest the Pam 113, white dial on ss, it looks great on various strap colors.

There is also a database to help you decide and also to check on the actual models Panerai released. Google 'paneristi' and the reference section should clear your doubts.

I started in early 2005 with my first Pam rep (005), its still running great and water resistant too. At one time I had 15 different higher-end Pam reps, and I flipped some of them, now down to 7 in my collection. Newest acquisition are 2 Breitling SuperOceans, and an Omega SMP ETA.

Go with your heart, even if Panerai did not release the model you fancy, the higher-end reps make great, rugged, everyday watches. Have fun in your selection process!

here the brown and white gen pam055.

rolli

post-2837-1180528657_thumb.jpg post-2837-1180528666_thumb.jpg

Hi Rolli,

Great pics of the gen Pam 55, with white dial! I did not know it existed till you posted the pics.

Here's my 'fantasy' Pam 112 pvd in which I switched cases, and my fiddy straight out of the box. These 2 were last year's purchases.

Excuse the blurry quick shot of the 112

THAT'S AWESOME!!! Thanks guys!!! I have been unusually obsessed with these watches lately. At first, I thought they were too big...then I thought,"Who in the heck is Panerai??"......then I thought,"... maybe I should get one :) )

I went ahead and ordered my first one from davidsen today! His watches appear to be some of the best I've seen.

055 with white dial and 2 straps(brown & black) CAN'T WAIT!!!!

I bought my first reps in 2000 to compare to the gens I collected at the time and see if I was just wasting money on the gens. I paid way too much knowing what I know now. I even did it again in 2004 on a perfectswiss.com eta yachtmaster. Funny thing is, I don't even where it anymore...it sits in a drawer. I did sell the two remaining two eta submariner bodies to someone here working on a mod project. I got an agreement with my boss (aka wife) that I can collect starting with 3 by the end of this quarter. So, the 055 wins the number one spot. I am thinking Breitling SO for second and the Omega UPO for third.

THAT'S AWESOME!!! Thanks guys!!! I have been unusually obsessed with these watches lately. At first, I thought they were too big...then I thought,"Who in the heck is Panerai??"......then I thought,"... maybe I should get one :) )

I went ahead and ordered my first one from davidsen today! His watches appear to be some of the best I've seen.

055 with white dial and 2 straps(brown & black) CAN'T WAIT!!!!

I bought my first reps in 2000 to compare to the gens I collected at the time and see if I was just wasting money on the gens. I paid way too much knowing what I know now. I even did it again in 2004 on a perfectswiss.com eta yachtmaster. Funny thing is, I don't even where it anymore...it sits in a drawer. I did sell the two remaining two eta submariner bodies to someone here working on a mod project. I got an agreement with my boss (aka wife) that I can collect starting with 3 by the end of this quarter. So, the 055 wins the number one spot. I am thinking Breitling SO for second and the Omega UPO for third.

Nice to know you made your selection! Have fun with the Breitling and Omega choices as well!