When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Your help for a Panerai Black Seal!

eleley

Hello friends,

I want to buy a Panerai Black Seal and like most of us, I am looking for the best.

I have almost concluded to the following:

http://www.ioffer.com/i/23207232?message_id=32326237

http://www.ioffer.com/i/14311174

Could you please tell me your opinion, according to your experience?

Any other proposal or help?

Thank you in advance,

Regards from the sunny Athens!

Hi,

I don't know...

Any comments for the watches?

Thank you

I had mine for almost 2 years and it finally gave up on me. The crown thread was stripped and I can't lock the crown down anymore. It was a robust Radiomir to wear daily, which was also the reason why the crown threads went south. Winding every 2 days or so does have its downside.

Changing straps was not as easy as the Luminors, tiny screws.

I believe the newer versions might have resolved the crown issue, so go for it if you really like this model. It looks really nice on the wrist!

Why not upgrade to VIP and ask some of the more experience collectors in there if they could help, you might find something better than Ioffer!

Hi,

I already found davidsen...

I believe it's a right decision, isn't it?

Regards

My 183 was from River. The crown stripped after 2 years. I got Davidsen's replacement, which didn't fit without modification and 2 hours of work by my watchmaker. Davidsen's crowns are supposed to be less likely to strip. I would just start with his watch.

Things are a little different these days with DSN Rad crowns & crown tubes. They now come in 2.5, 3 and 4 mm diametar sizes, so one should fit the standard Rad case, I believe.

Still, getting the old crown tube out and 'pressing' the new one in, can be a major undertaking sometimes, I agree.

cheers,

babola