When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this person right or wrong?

Guest paneraifreak

Guys, lets be fair to the OP. He posted a thread which referred to his own sale, complete with huge pics, trying to clarify false advertising on the part of whomever he bought the watch from originally, false advertising that apparently fooled a lot more people than him.

Maybe he found it in a golf club? :D

Sorry, couldn't resist it. The OP's post was exceedingly ambiguous and I'm still not sure I understand exactly what he's asking.

I explained already, and MVB backed me up. The problem arose because of an erroneous movement reference in paneraifreak's advert for a uPO in the members trade section. He said the movement in the watch was a 2893 ie. an expensive ETA GMT movement, which could have been true had the watch received a movement swap. Such a swap would be expensive though, and the low asking price didn't reflect this. It is unlikely that the watch would have had this movement from new as it is not standard spec for a factory-fresh uPO.

He then went on to say he was also shipping a spare identical movement he'd sourced and displayed a picture of a DG2813 movement in its protective transport ie. something completely different.

Things didn't match up!

No one was questioning his integrity. All that was done was that details of his description were clarified for the benefit of potential purchasers. A simple mistake on his part, that's all.

Subsequently, pnf started this rather pointless and ambiguous thread to question the clarification. In the meantime he 'sold' the uPO and the advert was marked for deletion, which it was. Thus this thread became even more pointless.

He has now decided to rescind the sale, which is utterly bizarre behaviour IMO considering the asking price for the watch was reasonable and the seller would have been aware of the clarification.

To sum-up, paneraifreak is making something very straightforward rather complicated by looking too deeply into things. Something he is rather prone to doing........

:rolleyes:

Here is the original Thread Topic Title & Description:

Beautiful Ultimate Planet Ocean Lite w/ BONUS

Here is my personal Ultimate Planet Ocean which is PERFECT in every way. The dial is super nice with everything straight and clean. Good lume. It has a 2893 Asian movement. Keeps perfect time. I wore this watch EVERY DAY for a while so lite scratches are present but give the watch the character it deserves and i will not cover them up by doing a scotch brite job on it.

the BONUS: now here is the kicker deal part of this sale: even though the watch works perfectly, I am always a super careful guy so I sourced another 2893 movement JUST IN CASE the one in the watch ever decides to quit. So this replament/back up movement is BRAND NEW UNTOUCHED and will fit perfectly in the watch because it is the exact same movement as the one in the watch.

Here is the original Thread Topic Title & Description:

Beautiful Ultimate Planet Ocean Lite w/ BONUS

Here is my personal Ultimate Planet Ocean....It has a 2893 Asian movement.[ i]

Even though I wasn't clear on the whole "back-story," I still agree w/ r11co...most likely a mistake. I don't know the OP or what he's prone to do or not do. My defense of him notwithstanding, I was trying to make 2 points aside from his trade: First, that the source of the problem is false advertising on the part of major "collectors" since these "white lies" are bound to be repeated, knowingly or unknowingly, by people who resell watches and 2)that I see more serious--if more subtle--noob-fooling misrepresentations in members' offers fairly regularly.

Guest paneraifreak

OK.

I am not good with numbers, I think after a few posts here, we've established that. What next?

here is the bottom line: I made a honest mistake and I started this thread to verifiy how wrong I was.

Nothing bizarre about me cancelling the sale: dont make a judgement until you hear the whole story: the buyer PMed me twice with panic in his writing. He now did not feel I knew what I was selling and that he was NOT interested in the watch as much as he was in the movement. So, after reassuring him (I still thought the spare movement would fit), i got to think about the next ethical thing to do : which was to refund him since he was primarily after the movement as advertised....

Since I had erronously described both movements in question, I decided it was the only decent thing to do: keep my [censored].

I dont think this is really hard to figure out now, is it?

The bloody watch is no longer for sale and nor will it ever be.

But...do not ever doubt this for a second: anybody else with less conscience would have taken advantage of this seller's willingness to go ahead with the sale (wether strong or weak willingness), take the money and run....

But i am not that guy......and some of you need to get this once and for all.

Also, sure.....i am stupid or dumb, since I thought a watch was hidden in a golf club...sure,...funny....i can take the joke...no prob....but if you knew me personally, you obviously would show me more respect...but who am I to expect this in a place like RWG???? Silly me................. This thread was started for the purpose of clarification, further knowledge and information...not cheap shots......

Anyways..... I will keep the POS watch and will manage to enjoy it.

But can I now ask a straight forward question? which I hope will bring on some constructive and useful info for me to better myself as a watch hobbyist?

I need to know exactly which movement to order so I may be able to replace the one in the Asian PO when the time comes?

Please give me the reference number according to the website I can access here in Canada: somalcanada.com

Thank you in advance

LL

But i am not that guy......and some of you need to get this once and for all.

Also, sure.....i am stupid or dumb, since I thought a watch was hidden in a golf club...sure,...funny....i can take the joke...no prob....but if you knew me personally, you obviously would show me more respect...but who am I to expect this in a place like RWG???? Silly me................. This thread was started for the purpose of clarification, further knowledge and information...not cheap shots......

We never for a moment thought you were dishonest. Disabuse yourself of that opinion right now.

And if we didn't think you could take a joke, we'd not make them. :D

Guest paneraifreak
None of them. They don't stock a suitable replacement.

Then my next question is:

does anybody stock the movement that will fit the Asian PO??