When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

"remade" comex w/1570 for $2700

dec

Interesting... More or less described correctly... Priced appropriately, and a seller with relatively high feedback and a brick and mortar shop.

:g:

I think its a litle bit high $..as my gen 1675 gmt came to my posesion a few days ago for 1350 euros.. But Randy i agree that is more or less described correctly!

Okay... Price is a little steep, but my point was that it's still priced in the general range it should be (i.e. they are not trying to pass it off for $10k, $20k, etc) and not in relation to what a true genuine, all original Comex 1665 would run (around the 6 figure range now).

Okay... Price is a little steep, but my point was that it's still priced in the general range it should be (i.e. they are not trying to pass it off for $10k, $20k, etc) and not in relation to what a true gen Comex 1665 would run (around the 6 figure range now).

Oooh yes...they are with the correct price..but in second thought if i had the exact same watch,maybe i would have given it for almost the same price....maybe..Its realy hard to create a watch like that,and im sure Ubi you know better what i mean!

Cheers!

Indeed... Always hard to put a price on something you've built :) The parts content... The time and effort spent on building, modding, collecting parts etc... How do you put a price on that? In fact... That's one of the reasons why I rarely sell any of my frankens. Trying to figure out a price that's fair to both parties is difficult to determine.

-_-

i spy a C.W.P / M.Y. dial.... can anyone I.D. the case i don't think it is MBW ?

You are correct, sir... Not MBW. The case and dial are most likely both out of V.N.

Indeed... Always hard to put a price on something you've built :) The parts content... The time and effort spent on building, modding, collecting parts etc... How do you put a price on that? In fact... That's one of the reasons why I rarely sell any of my frankens. Trying to figure out a price that's fair to both parties is difficult to determine.

-_-

You are correct, sir... Not MBW. The case and dial are most likely both out of V.N.

looking at it really doesn't look like anything special... save for the gen movment (and even those come a dime a dozen)... i take issue with the dial as well... which looks to me like a M.Y. singer redial with a re-lume vintignizing job... which can be dear but aren't exactly that impressive...at first sight it looks really cheap .... not worth the 2k+ in my humble oppinion... Any of the Modded MBWs/WMs here surpass that thing on the bay any day....

The case does not look like anything special on the outside, but it's what's inside that counts. These will accept genuine 1570's without having to mod the case to do it.

Worth $2k? Well... The movement alone represents $700 - $900 (based on condition), while the remainder of the parts (case, crystal, crown, tube, dial, insert, etc, etc) represent a good portion of the cost as well. The remainder is cost to assemble, as well as a profit margin to get somewhat of a return on the watch.

So... Does this make it all worth $2700?? I dunno... If someone buys it, then it's worth that to them....

P.S. If you can get these movements a dime a dozen, sign me up for 6 dozen...

Yeah i really should have worded that differently... 1570 is nice but it isn't as if they are unobtainable ...

i was also under the impression that MBW 1665 case could take the 1570 without modification... am i wrong ?

Excellent Helium Valve <--- best I've ever seen! :crazy:

IMHO, it's worth $900 (value of the movement only).

Ubi is right, at least the seller ain't charging $10k.

Mr. Hemi-Cuda, now in Canada? Driving a fako-Lambo in Germany? Who's to know but the seller himself. A house built of playing cards is easy to crumble.