When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Good Place to Buy a New PO Bezel Insert?

Tjabo

Well, I bought some two-part epoxy today to glue in my new insert from Silix, but when I looked at it I became conviced that this pearl was probably going to fall out like the other one. So I picked at it a little (and I mean a LITTLE), and sure enough, it fell right out. These are not stepped to a larger diameter under the bezel like some of the pictures I've seen.

At any rate, I figured I'd look around for a nice insert--black, 45mm--and see if I could upgrade a little.

Here's one on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1

Does that seem a little pricey, or does it seem like maybe it's a nice enough one that it's worth it?

Any recommendations are appreciated! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks! ! !

Anyone? ? ? ? :unsure:

It seems like the lack of traffic on this part of the list is pretty sell confirmed. . . Should I take this over to the general discussion list? I would really like some good advice on this one.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

fyi my silx replacment bezel didnt "snap. into place like the original. it dint fit exaclty but very close. it caused parts to popup in order to make it work i had to glue allsides and use 2 dozen rubber bands which held the bezel flat while the glue dried.

because i am not nto filing it down to the correct size.

i did this on 2 watches. i wouldnt look at these under a loop but to the naked eye they look fine.

if you need more info pm

Thanks Phoband!

Just to clarify a little, and for the benefit of all who might read this, I have a follow-up question or two:

Are you talking about a PO from Silix, or a replacement insert from Silix, and if it's the PO, was it a 45mm?

Would you also be talking about an insert from the eBay seller I posted the link of above?

IF the answer to these questions is that it's a "latest version 45mm PO" from Silix, and the insert is from this same eBay seller, then you have the EXACT experience I need to steer me in the right direction!

Otherwise, if you wouldn't mind elaborating a little bit more, it would be extremely helpful.

Thanks again! ! ! !

Okay, the seller says those inserts are snap-in, so it makes me think you (Phoband) meant that you used one of these exact inserts on a Silix 45mm PO. . . And it didn't work out too great. . .

Are there any other good places to get a nice insert that will work well in a Silix PO?

Thanks again everyone!