When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Waterproof Test - Orange PO

TJGladeRaider

This is one of the most recent Planet Oceans offered by Ms. King for a little over $200. She says the watches are waterproof to some extent and she shows them under water on her web site.

In the first picture, you can see a small bubble that has come from under the bezel and let go at the 12:00 position as well as a smaller bubble at the bezel at 11:00. As tests with Gens proved, this is normal as air trapped between the bezel and the case expands and escapes.

In the subsequent pics, you see another smaller bubble start to form just after the 1:00 position. The bubble at 11:00 grows as pressure is released but that's it.

The final post shows the bubbles pouring out of the sharkskin band. I thought that was pretty interesting. The sharkskin shows no ill effect from the water and I MUCH prefer sharkskin with a deplyment clasp to the oyster style bands on any diving style watch that I wear.

post-223-1145448951_thumb.jpg

post-223-1145448961_thumb.jpg

post-223-1145448977_thumb.jpg

post-223-1145448940_thumb.jpg

In a subsequent post, I'll show what a leaky watch looks like - you cannot mistake it.

This watch is as it came from the bubble wrap. I am no rep expert so I will leave it to others to evaluate it's comparability to authentic. Looking at gen web sites, I see no differences.

Very nice watch Ms. King, and a great value in my opinion.

Bill