When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rotor is loose

insane

Just got my IWC by DHL today, but to my disappointment, the rotor is loose. You can hear it scratching against the case back, and the power reserve isnt working unless you manually wind the watch.

Any chance I can fix this myself? I dont have a watchsmith I can use, and I really dont want to ship it back to China :(

Any chance I can fix this myself? I dont have a watchsmith I can use, and I really dont want to ship it back to China :(

It should be very easy if you have the right caseback tool.

If you were in EU, I could even do it for you.

It should be very easy if you have the right caseback tool.

If you were in EU, I could even do it for you.

Hi Pugs. Thanks for quick reply. I opened up the case, and it seems that the screw which is to hold the rotor is completely missing. Checked the case and the movement and its gone.

If anyone has a screw that will fit the movement which is in the 3717 I would of course pay for it and shipping to Norway. And would be very greatful :)

Andrew has offered to send some screws, but that will probably take a while.

Hi Pugs. Thanks for quick reply. I opened up the case, and it seems that the screw which is to hold the rotor is completely missing. Checked the case and the movement and its gone.

If anyone has a screw that will fit the movement which is in the 3717 I would of course pay for it and shipping to Norway. And would be very greatful :)

Asian 7750? Take the back screw out of any of your 7750s and take it to your opticians. They'll have one just like it, I bet. :D

Oh, and make sure the screw really is missing and not trapped.

Swapped the screw from my Tag Link 7750 over to the IWC, and now the watch is working great :)

It is so beautiful. I will try to take some pics over the weekend. Spending it at sea in the lovely fjords of Norway. The weather forecast is looking good too.

Thanks to Andrew also for sending me a new screw for the missing one.