When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

which eta movement fits genuine datejust Options

Thor

hello guys

i have a question...

i have heard that a eta movement could fits genuine rol. date-just (but only with little modifications)

i think that the eta movement fits in the case, but don´t fit on genuine dial and hands...

also problem must be the date wheel???

but i don´t know, which eta movement is best apt to fit genuine datejust

eta 2892-A2 or eta 2824-2 ???

or don´t fit any eta movement???

good advice???

thanks for your support

i know that eta movements fit in the orig. datejust case, but i am interested, if the dial and hands from original parts fits eta movement too

if i have a original datejust with broken movement, can i change the broken rol*x movement about a eta 2824-2 movement???

i think, that the orig. dial and hands don´t fit exact at the eta movement. I think i need than a new dial (for eta movement) and hands too???

that´s the problem. it is easy to find a eta movement, but very difficult to find a rol*x dial and hands for eta movement.

thanks for help

The dial won't fit using the regular mounting pins so you'll have to use a replica one. You could possibly remove the pins and mount the dial using glue or double sided tape.

I don't know the exact sizes of Rolex hands.. but I don't think they fit. They might be close enought to make fit with a tube sizing set but I'm not sure.

Easy job, this one. Here is my frankenjust project:

16234 DateJust Frankenstein.

Pretty straight forward process. The dial will need to have the dial feet removed in order to facilitate fit, but it's not a major issue. I simply glued mine to the spacer ring for the ETA. You will want to get a datewheel overlay so that the date lines up correctly in the date window.

As for the hands- You'll need a set specifically for an ETA 2824 (90/150/25).

Hope this helps. If you run into any issues, you can post in the watch repair section :happy:

Best,

Randy