When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

carrera chrono?

hi i was reading colinmgzt's comparison on this watch.. and i've decided that this will be my next purchase.. but my question is does the gen have ar coating on the sapphire? because on his pic it looks like it does.. but on the tag website it doesnt say anything about ar coating.. its only on the calibre 36 chrono.. so can someone confirm it for me.. in some gen site they also said that they have ar.. and some site says just sapphire..

and another thing.. is it true that the gen uses swiss valjoux 7750? as the asian valjoux was meant to be a copy of the swiss valjoux.. does that mean that from the clear caseback it is really hard to tell whether its asian or swiss? or is it a dead giveaway? thanks :)

hi i was reading colinmgzt's comparison on this watch.. and i've decided that this will be my next purchase.. but my question is does the gen have ar coating on the sapphire? because on his pic it looks like it does.. but on the tag website it doesnt say anything about ar coating.. its only on the calibre 36 chrono.. so can someone confirm it for me.. in some gen site they also said that they have ar.. and some site says just sapphire..

and another thing.. is it true that the gen uses swiss valjoux 7750? as the asian valjoux was meant to be a copy of the swiss valjoux.. does that mean that from the clear caseback it is really hard to tell whether its asian or swiss? or is it a dead giveaway? thanks :)

If you re-read his post you will find........

The only flaws I can see are , movement, 7750 hi-beat, rotors are the same, but on the gen the bridges are machined with

same herring bone pattern, the reps are plain.

If you do a search..the AR question has been asked before, Gen doesnt have it...but in my opinion would benefit from a nice single-sided coating.

also a flaw in the silver and black face(non-racing) versions, the model numbers on the caseback are not correct...they all have the racing versions model number on the back, but that shouldnt deter you

If you re-read his post you will find........

If you do a search..the AR question has been asked before, Gen doesnt have it...but in my opinion would benefit from a nice single-sided coating.

also a flaw in the silver and black face(non-racing) versions, the model numbers on the caseback are not correct...they all have the racing versions model number on the back, but that shouldnt deter you

thanks.. i tried a quick search on the ar things.. and the only thing i can find is on link chrono.. im sorry if i didnt find it.. but thanks for the reply though.. and as for the movement flaws.. yes i read his post it says that it is the only flaw he can find.. but what i really was asking is that is the flaw very obvious? or its like a meh.. not that anyone can tell unless its pros...