When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need DRSD/RedSUB Expertise

poopypants

Hey guys!

I was wondering if the red color used the reps is darker than on the gens?

I look @ DRSD.com and the RED fonts dials are so much brighter than the reps!

The reason i even ask, is i am thinking of taking my dial to Everest Watchworks to get the red touched up to a brighter red... might anyone know if its remotely close to gen?!?!

am i just being too critical or am i look at good photgraphy?

yeah, i have seen that... but there are times when i look down at the time and i dont even notice the two lines of red font... and when i look at this images online... they look so bright and vibrant...

here is a good example of bright and vibrant:

28989-290.jpg

28989-291.jpg

Also, a little off topic, but... I think the Vintage Models should start coming with a better Vintagey Font style... as in the RLX font above...

Edited by poopypants

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. My MBW is visually identical to the one you posted above, except for one tiny detail...

His date says "14" and mine says "19" :yeah:

And I thought the MBWs were the closest to genuine. I guess I better stick with my WM. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by robertrinaustin

maybe, i am being to critical... maybe my old age is catching up to me... you know, being born in '78... these eyes dont last forever...

(cant wait for you oldies to comment on that one!)

Nanuq: i thought mine was the only one that said '19'... thank god im not the only one! im hoping for '20' tomorrow...

Variation in the tone and hue of the red font printing may vary depending on the dial manufacturer, and of course, their subsequent runs of dial batches. i.e. you will see variations across the board depending on if the dial was manufactured by BEYER, Singer, etc. how much UV it's been exposed to, in combination with other factors that may be unique to that specific watch and how it has been cared for during it's life. I've seen some brand new, in the wax packet Rolex Service Center issued replacement dials (Lumi) with the red printed as dark as the MBW/WM's, and I've seen original dials, like Ed's examples on his site, that are such a pale pink that the font may as well be white. So... In short, I wouldn't worry too much about it.