When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Quick Change Date on eta.......

Frontin

Hey folks,

I am hoping if anyone knows how accurate the date change is supposed to be on an eta. I have a TT Sub with an eta and the date always rolls over at 6 minutes to the hour. It's done this ever since I've had the watch which is about 3 years.

Is this normal? Or does an adjustment need to be made? I'm not sure how much I care, however I was just wondering if anyone knew anything. I never saw any info on the old board on the subject.

Thanks........ :)

29176-267.jpg

Just a matter of where the hands were set when they were pressed onto the pinion in relation to the change over of the date when it was assembled. Typically, when I take my watches apart to swap dials or movements, I'll manually go through the time to see exactly where the date change takes place (and I'll leave the hands set to that time prior to removing them). When I press the hands back on, I'll press them on exactly at 12:00. This provides me a reference point to make sure the hands are set straight, and correct for time setting, and also ensures that the date will now roll over at 12:00.

For what it's worth, it is acceptable by Rolex manufacturing and servicing to allow a date change to take place anywhere from 12:00am to 12:15am on their genuine quick set calibers. Personally, I think any variance +/- 10 minutes is acceptable. I myself never see my date change over- I only notice that the date has changed the next morning (which tells me it's at least doing what it's supposed to do, regardless of when ;) )