When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Curious - who has considered making, tried or made their own straps?

Jumbie

Just wondering cause the idea is appealing to me. I'd probably give it a shot if I had the time and tools and access to some good leather to try (although I guess I'd experiment with some cheaper crap first).

Thing is that I don't consider myself to be very handy and I'm sure that it's a whole hell of a lot tougher than it looks.

So anyway guys - share. :)

check my signature ;)

its way more easy you think

Ive made over 15+ straps, but since latest ones are way better than each previous I can now declare to have just 3 straps for my pam excluding ss bracelet and rubber one :p

I read your excellent tutorial last night. In fact, I guess it's what got me thinking about this in the first place.

If you look, you'll see that the last post in it is mine thanking you guys for the effort you put into it for the benefit of people like myself. :thumbs:

That's pretty cool Nanug.

Remind me never to [censored] you off though. I don't mess with people with axes.

Actually, I have a question. Hope it doesn't get lost in this thread.

Where do you guys source leather from. Buy it online? Old stuff at flea markets e.g. an old leather jacket? Hunt animals in the great white north with your axe then skin them and tan the leather? :p

[edit]

lol, urinate is censored. hehehe

[/edit]

Edited by Jumbie

Where do you guys source leather from. Buy it online? Old stuff at flea markets e.g. an old leather jacket? Hunt animals in the great white north with your axe then skin them and tan the leather? :p
if you're in the great US then you probably could try. Most of us get leathers from markets, i used to buy old bags.

The leather is everywhere around you, just take a closer look, maybe your woman got some old leather bag/belt/wallet she havent used since God knows how many years and she could share it with you? ;) who knows :p

if you're in the great US then you probably could try.

Not currently. But will be soon.

Most of us get leathers from markets, i used to buy old bags.
Hopefully just for the leather. :p

The leather is everywhere around you, just take a closer look, maybe your woman got some old leather bag/belt/wallet she havent used since God knows how many years and she could share it with you? ;) who knows :p

My woman is weird. She's not into bags. Her mom once bought her an expensive one and she said it was a huge waste of money. Actually, I shouldn't complain about that. That's great for me. :)

Thanks for the ideas. Figured as much but was wondering if anyone might have some other suggestions.