When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Screwed

vlydog

Ok all, how much trouble am I in?

I thought I was prepared. I had the proper screwdriver and a new set of tubes and screws. This was the first time I have attempted to change a strap. The watch, a never worn FER008 - the strap, a new HKTan gator - I even used a new screw and tube set. The short end of the strap mounted fine. The longer end was tough. After inserting the screw through the tube, I had trouble finding the hole that accepts the threads. When I finally felt all was good I started tightening. Well I guess I cross-threaded the screw. At first I could not back the screw out and now it just spins in both directions. To top that, I have scratched the lug unmercifully. Is this a problem that can be fixed? Is there a way to bring the SS surface back without scratches? I will not be able to do any repairs myself I just want to know if this is fixable so I can send it out. I feel sick. :wounded1:

With respect, Vlydog

Can you attach some pictures? It might help us visualize the issue...

I have seen some threads about polishing SS so I think you will okay there, but a couple of pics would help... ;)

Thank you for your response but I am not equipped for pics right now.