When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

advice needed

robideaux

hey folks, i need some advice. i recently purchased a 111H which came on a rubber strap, and it looks great. i do have an oem croco strap i was going to try it on, but i found the lug screw to be extremely difficult to remove. the top end came out after much force, but then i remembered another member actually broke one of his while attempting the same feat. the lower lug is in there much more tight, and i've bent a couple screw drivers and the bugger still wont budge! [censored]! what should i do? should i keep trying to work it, and chancing the same fate as our other member, or should i be content with it on a rubber strap which looks great? also, do you think the dealer is somewhat responsible for this poor assembly? if i break it, should he offer a replacement case? i have an old one, but it's all scuffed up... alas, please offer me some direction board gurus!!!

That is exactly what this method has been good for.

It may now be stuck solidly into the case, especially if repeatedly forced without good lubrication.

Your in luck tho with the rubber strap; stand the watch up on end with the bad side facing down with a binder clamp or some such. Soak just that screw / lug side overnight in silicon spray and try the above routine. I improvise and use a plastic baggy in the mouth of a coffee cup. Not glamorous but works.

You may yet still be lucky and still get it out with this technique.

Works for me.

Good luck.