When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I need help from our friends in China

jfreeman420

My girlfriend has a medical condition that requires some really nasty drugs with side affects. It was suggested by someone with the same condition that she use a certain kind of Chinese herb in pill or tea form. it is called:

Shakuyaku-Kanzo-To or TJ-68 (also known as shao-yao-gan-cao-tang). Does anyone know where I can order this or can someone in China pick some up for me and send it? I will be more than happy to compensate you for your time and effort.

Thanks.

Using Google, you might be able to find either a domestic or an overseas Chinese pharmacy which could supply you...

Don't know where you're located, but I do know that there's even a traditional Chinese pharmacy in San Francisco.

Here's a link to an online supplier that I found after a quick search:

http://www.99tcmpharmacy.com/

Still others:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=t...amp;btnG=Search

With a little patience, you might find what you need much more easily than arranging for it to be sent from China.

Places like Singapore and Hong Kong (naturally) are also good bets for finding RWG members who could source it.

As they say, hope this helps!

Thanks for the advice but we have both searched online for a couple days. There is a lot of information on this herb but I can't seem to find anyone who sells it. I am in Florida and our Chinese markets are very limited here. More Chinese buffets than anything and General Tsao's chicken won't help.

I hate to put anyone out, but I have no other idea how to get this stuff.

I appreciate the help Ken. If you can send an email I would appreciate it. She is in much pain and the doc wants her to start on percoset and hormones and that isn't good for you. This herb is the only thing she has found that is proven without side affects.

Hey jfreeman, good for the both of you to wanna try and skip the percocet and try something else first.

It looks like what you are sourcing is a peony and licorice concoction. Gan cao = licorice, and Bai Shao = peony. There seem to be some references by the Seattle Institute of Oriental Medicine on how to use it and its indications. There seem to be a few companies manufacturing the pill form of this. Blue Poppy Enterprise and Kan Herb Company are two who seem to have this formula and it looks like it runs around $30 or so per bottle of 100. There are also online links to buy these pills.

Check your pm for more.