When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 4

rennwerkes

Just received my PAM 4 today. Being my first rep. I thought I'd submit a few comments on this watch.

This particular model is, as I understand, from EL and comes with the Swiss movement. The PVD finish is not bad. Quite even in the coloring. In some of the pics I've seen there seems to be some blotchiness but does not seem to be the case when you've got the watch in hand.

Winding is good although not quite the same as the real thing. Hard to describe, not a big irritation, just not the same.

I think everything else about the body is top notch. The only thing that I'm just a tad disappointed is the bridge. A bit on the flimsy side. To me, the rep. manufacturers get everything else so right but the one thing that everyone is going to touch constantly is flimsy. Oh well...still amazing for the money!!!

Now to start playing with my 212 I got from King!!!

Just received my PAM 4 today. Being my first rep. I thought I'd submit a few comments on this watch.

This particular model is, as I understand, from EL and comes with the Swiss movement. The PVD finish is not bad. Quite even in the coloring. In some of the pics I've seen there seems to be some blotchiness but does not seem to be the case when you've got the watch in hand.

Winding is good although not quite the same as the real thing. Hard to describe, not a big irritation, just not the same.

I think everything else about the body is top notch. The only thing that I'm just a tad disappointed is the bridge. A bit on the flimsy side. To me, the rep. manufacturers get everything else so right but the one thing that everyone is going to touch constantly is flimsy. Oh well...still amazing for the money!!!

Now to start playing with my 212 I got from King!!!

Touching the bridge constantly? I don't understand. I've never even had my caseback off let alone touch the bridge.

Touching the bridge constantly? I don't understand. I've never even had my caseback off let alone touch the bridge.

I think I"m referring to the wrong part. I'm talking about the crown locking mechnism. The lever is a bit on the flimsy side. A bit loose too. But then again, it's the same way on my 212 also.

I think I"m referring to the wrong part. I'm talking about the crown locking mechnism. The lever is a bit on the flimsy side. A bit loose too. But then again, it's the same way on my 212 also.

The ebay crown guards (he lists them under "crown bridges") are functionally a little better than the rep guards, but since they're not a cosmetic improvement they're not worth the 54 bucks plus whatever it would cost you to have it PVD'd to match your 004.

I think Finepics can do a fix involving a rubber gasket--might want to check w/ him.

The ebay crown guards (he lists them under "crown bridges") are functionally a little better than the rep guards, but since they're not a cosmetic improvement they're not worth the 54 bucks plus whatever it would cost you to have it PVD'd to match your 004.

I think Finepics can do a fix involving a rubber gasket--might want to check w/ him.

It's actually not a big deal. And you're right, probably not worth the extra $$$'s.

Once it's locked in place everythiing is good! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Actually you really might want to consider having a proper PVD coating applied as the rep coating is way too black and is not TiALN. This is a service I will be offering to memebers - just waiting for company to give me a final price for it and would certainly be worth the money.

As for Jimmy CG's, they are a little bit thicker than the rep ones.

Actually you really might want to consider having a proper PVD coating applied as the rep coating is way too black and is not TiALN. This is a service I will be offering to memebers - just waiting for company to give me a final price for it and would certainly be worth the money.

As for Jimmy CG's, they are a little bit thicker than the rep ones.

Finepics,

if you are going to be offering PVD service....giddyup...I am ready to send some work to you. As I am sure there are other folks in the same boat.

It's actually not a big deal. And you're right, probably not worth the extra $$$'s.

Once it's locked in place everythiing is good! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

You may fix the loose lever problem with a piece of insulation tube from an electric wire cable. I have just been able in getting such a fix. Tricky but possible.

Even simpler. Make sure the two screws on the crown guard are TIGHT. that is the most overlooked solution.

In this particular case of rennwerkes, that is hardly going to make for a fix, since rennwerkes said that once the lever is locked in place everything is good. This is not a symptom of loose CG screws.

That watch being the first PAM rep of rennwerkes, he was likely not already aware of the loose lever in 'open' position on all PAM reps.

In this particular case of rennwerkes, that is hardly going to make for a fix, since rennwerkes said that once the lever is locked in place everything is good. This is not a symptom of loose CG screws.

That watch being the first PAM rep of rennwerkes, he was likely not already aware of the loose lever in 'open' position on all PAM reps.

Yup, still using my PAM on a semi daily basis and am amazed with these rep's! Keeping fantastic time, (probably better than some very expensive authentic watches I've had!), and looking great too boot!

One thing, the one tip off that these watches are rep's is the crystal with no antireflective coating on them. Any suggestions on this?

Thanks!

Yup, still using my PAM on a semi daily basis and am amazed with these rep's! Keeping fantastic time, (probably better than some very expensive authentic watches I've had!), and looking great too boot!

One thing, the one tip off that these watches are rep's is the crystal with no antireflective coating on them. Any suggestions on this?

Thanks!

Finepics provides AR coating on crystals:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=3563