When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex PN Daytona 6263

tassilo75

Guest avitt

I don't think that's a DW case. And it's definitely a fabricated movement. All in all though, it looks like a nice Franken piece. The crown will have to be upgraded, and it needs a genuine Tropic...But it would probably be a good deal, at less than $2000.

It is a little disturbing that the seller is not offering more "hints" to indicate that it is aftermarket.

Edited by avitt

The movement is a V72, but the pointer on the balance bridge is a dead giveaway. That is not a Rolex Microstella balance! Pushers appear to be symmetrical, but as avitt pointed out, if you can get it cheap, it might be a good starting point.

I just noticed another bogus 6263 with the same pointer on the balance bridge! And this one's from what I would have figured as a reputable seller in the U.S.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gold-Rolex-Daytona-Cos...1QQcmdZViewItem

BTW, avitt, thanks for the link to jewelryandwatch.com, they have some interesting stuff. I think I've seen their site before, but this time I saved it. Did you tell Euno about the 24-700-0 case tube?