When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Planet Ocean 45mm ultimate ETA or Asian ETA ?

jani001

Hi all. This is my first post for some years, some of you may remember me from the old good place (replica watches group).

I took some time out. Rwg and the watches took to much of my time…

And now I need some help form you guys, do some one know if there is any different between these watches?

OMG0064B - Planet Ocean 45.5mm Black Bez Asia Eta 2824-2 28800bp

And

OMG0062B - Planet Ocean 45mm Black Bez Eta 2824-2 Ultimate Ver .

Same watch but different movement or?

Here’s a few pictures from my small but priceless collection.

265478-4622.jpg

Rolex Lv green modified By palpatine with genuine pearl.

265478-4623.jpg

Omega seamaster, The 2892-2 version ( from the old closed factory) .

265478-4624.jpg

265478-4625.jpg

265478-4626.jpg

My favorite picture of my 007…

265478-4627.jpg

/Thanks

Edited by jani001

Hi ! That's a great looking 007, better than the reps that are out there at the moment! As for the PO, I had the same dillema and plumped for the $128 ETA copy. If you believe the pics and the description, it apperas to be the same watch, different movement. IMHO, if you're happy with a cheaper movement, you can't go wrong - it's a helluva watch for the money ! :victory:

Theres a name from the past. I was so jelous of your old factory black Seamaster.

Anyway, onto the Planet Oceans.

I have both. I have the asian movement one in Orange, and the ETA in Black. Fit and finish wise, they're pretty much identical. The seconds hand on the asian one isn't quite as smooth as the ETA, despite the same beat rate, but it's not really a problem. I guess it depends on your opinion of ETA movements over the asian ones, and weather you can justify the cost difference.

Just my .02cents...

I also have both.. the ETA and the Lite version of the UPO...

If I had to do it again, I'd go with the ETA every time... my lite runs fine, keeps good time (withing 8sec a day on the wrist) and hasn't given me many issues... but it has for unknown reasons... not flipped the datewheel completely once or twice... hung up and stopped when adjusting time once (fixed by unscrewing crown and moving to "hack" position and then reseating/rescrewing crown)... all in all the Asian Copy Lite has been servicable, but I'd go with the ETA in a heartbeat on this watch if I had the choice... just ordered the Gen hands and am sourcing an ETA movement to do a swap shortly.

Hi ! That's a great looking 007, better than the reps that are out there at the moment! As for the PO, I had the same dillema and plumped for the $128 ETA copy. If you believe the pics and the description, it apperas to be the same watch, different movement. IMHO, if you're happy with a cheaper movement, you can't go wrong - it's a helluva watch for the money ! :victory:

Don't trust the pictures. Trust me. I've had both versions stripped down on my bench side by side. They are indeed exactly the same watch, different movement (and hands, and stem, and datewheel).

Oh, and the cheaper movement isn't an ETA copy, so please stop calling it one. It isn't even an ETA look-alike.

Thanks guys, the black PO, it’s a beauty. Nice pictures By-tor and thanks for the tip. This is the one I have been waiting for. It’s time to get it.

Good to be back here…Thanks. I’ll start with the old pots here in the omega sector..Have to go through all…

Edited by jani001

• 1 month later...
Remove the back and have a look, who did you get it off what was its order number and what did you pay for it?

it cost me $270. I bought it from the same guy I bought the others, I first meet him in Ioffer. So I will open the back case, and I will take a cuple of pictures... it is that ok?

it cost me $270. I bought it from the same guy I bought the others, I first meet him in Ioffer. So I will open the back case, and I will take a cuple of pictures... it is that ok?

To be honest, it feels weird the first time you open the back. "Will I break the movement?"-feeling...

It's okay, and perfectly normal. :)

Just open it and take some pictures... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hopefully you got an ETA, otherwise, stick to our honest collectors, who easily can source a watch for your taste...

Guest carlsbadrolex

Funny story... I took my UPO to my watchmaker today. I have ordered a Gen dial and crystal and wanted to inform him that he was going to be busy next week. He knows I have Gens and Reps, and I could not convince him that the UPO was a replica... He had another watchmaker in his shop picking up some parts and he also could not be convinced it was a Rep.

So reluctantly, I had him open it... He opened it, looked at the inside of the case back and said, " SEE I told you it was Gen"... I still exlained he was wrong, so he removed the very convincing anti-magnetic cover, and found a very well done Omega signed ETA movement... He finally conceded, but his friend was still trying to tell us that Omega uses ETA movements and just modifies them... SO at the end of all this they were arguing over the authenticity of my replica UPO.

My Gen collection is greater than my Rep collection, but I have never had a Rep that was this passable. Unless you had the two watches in hand, there is no way anyone is going to tell you its a Rep! (Except for us here)

Funny story... I took my UPO to my watchmaker today. I have ordered a Gen dial and crystal and wanted to inform him that he was going to be busy next week. He knows I have Gens and Reps, and I could not convince him that the UPO was a replica... He had another watchmaker in his shop picking up some parts and he also could not be convinced it was a Rep.

So reluctantly, I had him open it... He opened it, looked at the inside of the case back and said, " SEE I told you it was Gen"... I still exlained he was wrong, so he removed the very convincing anti-magnetic cover, and found a very well done Omega signed ETA movement... He finally conceded, but his friend was still trying to tell us that Omega uses ETA movements and just modifies them... SO at the end of all this they were arguing over the authenticity of my replica UPO.

My Gen collection is greater than my Rep collection, but I have never had a Rep that was this passable. Unless you had the two watches in hand, there is no way anyone is going to tell you its a Rep! (Except for us here)

I can understand them being impressed with the quality but if they new any thing about the PO they would have seen that the logo was wrong and the AR was not strong enough. However it is a good endorsment of the quality of this rep, Go get a Breitling steelfish and see what they say about that!, It uses a breitling 17 cal and that happens to be a nickle plated 2824 nothing more!

yeah theres a HUGE difference. I ordered the Swiss one from him and it came today. I got the cheap one :thumbdown:

Emailed (dealer will remain anon to see if this is resolved) and I hope he fixes this. I paid the bigger price and am really dissapointed.

EDIT: also I should state its not just the movement. The whole quality of the watch is a lot different. the PROFESSIONAL on the back of the clasp of the bracelet is missing on the cheap one. The round circle in the triangle (sorry dont know the correct term) on the bezel is WAY off center.

There are other things as well. I knew right away it was not the one I had ordered, but I am not going to [censored] and moan too much unless the issues is not resolved.

updates later.