When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Relica run in with a genuine

cabbage

i was at the golf store...and was taking a 3 wood in to be regripped...next to me was a guy wielding a pam 024, and i was wearing my EL arktos. I didnt notice the guys watch, he noticed mine and said nice watch...i look over and he shows me his 024. he said he'd never seen the model i had....both put out wrists up and put watches next to each other as i was telling him how huge the arktos case was...but on close scrutiny its about or is the exact same height as the 024...damn the cases are a tight tight match....same exact look/size/shape just a slightly diff color in the case....maybe the arktos is supposed to be a diff color metal case?? it all happenbed so quickly i didnt tell the guy i was sporting a rep...but the difference i saw most noticeable was the color of the markers...his had a more yellowish color then mine, and nose to nose this was obvious to me at least. other then that, damn these are close...of course there is the date font, but the different coloring of the markers and numbers was a bigger giveaway in my eyes, this guy didnt notice or at least say anything. but the 024 just looked crisper on the dial too...though maybe it was too quick to really say that, it looked damn good.

The yellowish color of the markers/indicies on the 24 you saw was a result of aging tritium. Your 92 should theoretically have SuperLuminova markers... So, it's not a flaw or giveaway, per se...

cool...what about the difference in case metal color...is this correct?

i was at the golf SHOP...the store, not the course...i can barely type with the huge pam on....let alone golf. i do often wield a watch on the course however....current "golf watch" of choice is the black dialed explorer 2. a watch made for golfing, light and tight fitting.

cool...what about the difference in case metal color...is this correct?

If the cases are brushed, that's the difference. OEM Panerai brushing is always more aggressive than the brushing on the reps. An easy fix, though.

If the cases are brushed, that's the difference. OEM Panerai brushing is always more aggressive than the brushing on the reps. An easy fix, though.

Easy fix you say?? I have been searching for a post for finish brushing but could not find one.

Would you mind sharing how??

Thanks