When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC 3717 arrived

alibo70

I recieved my 3717 very promptly, 1 week. Overall very happy with the watch, I ordered the stainless and Black leather band, but only recieved the stainless bracelet. That is alright though, just happy I recieved anything at all. I could not find in the previous posts, but there were some issues with the dial, which may be normal. The "12, 3, 6, and 9" markers on the outer portion of the dial all seem a little off. The main one is the 6 in between where it says SWISS MADE, it is slanted left and throwing the whole look of the watch off. In other words it is pretty obvious. Sorry I am new here, just wanted to know if this can be fixed? Other than day/date wheels mod, what else is recommended. Thanks.

i think you're actually fortunate that you didn't just get the strap. imho, this watch was meant to be worn on the bracelet. you can always buy an aftermarket strap if you really don't like the bracelet.

if the 12, 3, 6 & 9 markers really are significantly misaligned (it sounds like it from your description -- posting pics would be helpful), i would consider talking to your collector about it....he could possibly send you a new dial, which could be installed when you do other mods to the watch (day/date wheel replacement or realignment, lume, etc).

oh, and welcome to RWG :victory:

deltatahoe

Sorry to hear about the misaligned numbers. That is a real bummer. This is the first I have heard of this problem with the 3717.

I wonder if it is a result of the 3717 being available from the normal collector members, rather than from EL on his original 100 piece run.

Did you order from one of the cartel? If so, the reduced pricing on this piece might be cause for some concern regarding typical lack of QC with regular 'collectors' drop shipped items. Perhaps you might supply a few photos.

I would definitely recommend getting a new dial, or perhaps just a complaint to the person you got it thru. A new watch rather than just a new dial.

Thanks for the replies and i'll post pics as soon as I can, new to posting here. I may be making a bigger deal than it really is. Also, it is supposedly the higher priced 3717 version. I have looked at all the previous member pics of this watch and can't find that flaw. The 6 mark in between the SWISS MADE is the one that kills it, or drives me crazy the others are just barely, but they are off. I am in love with the watch and would love to mod the day/date wheels, but not with the current dial, because the 6 mark will kill it. Thanks for hearing me out and once you all see the pics, I will figure out what action to take based on opinions.